2010 Cadillac SRX lights NHTSA complaints: Exterior Lighting

NHTSA — Exterior Lighting Problems

2010 Cadillac SRX (Page 4 of 5)

2010 Cadillac SRX lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Cadillac SRX:

2010 Cadillac SRX Owner Comments (Page 4 of 5)

Mar 182015

SRX 6-cyl

Hid style headlamps while driving at night the drives low beams quit working. The same thing had happened to the passenger side low beam about a year ago. Roughly, a week or two before the low beams failed the headlamps started-getting moisture build up inside them. Headlamps have never been damaged, hit or bumped. Cannot just replace hid bulb, new bulbs will fail due to the moisture problem. Entire assembly must be replaced, price to replace entire assembly is $1,200 each not including the labor to remove entire front bumper cover and assembly.

- Athens, AL, USA

Mar 202015

SRX

While driving in the rain all lights went out and then came back on after about 15 seconds.

- Rockwood, TN, USA

Aug 312013

SRX 6-cyl

The headlights keep getting moisture in the headlights requiring the whole assembly to be replaced at a cost of $1600 each time! I am on the 3rd time replacing the headlights since August of 2013. First time was covered under warranty, second time was only covered 95% by GM. No my third time will not be covered at all. There apparently seems to be a big problem with this and I can not understand why this problem is not a recall notice. This is just one of many, many issues with this vehicle.

- Richmond, RI, USA

Dec 042014

SRX

The contact owns a 2010 Cadillac Srx. The contact stated that the passenger side headlight developed moisture inside the headlight assembly, which caused the headlight to burn out. The vehicle was taken to the dealer and was not diagnosed. The vehicle was repaired. The contact stated that the driver side headlight developed moisture. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 52,124.

- North Chesterfield, VA, USA

Mar 092015

SRX

Driver headlight stop working. Water inside the head light causing the bulb to fail. Dealer will not cover the cost of repair.

- Lexington, KY, USA

Jan 282015

SRX 6-cyl

The front light headlight assembly seals wore out and the headlight blew out while we were driving home in the rain, at night. Water penetrated the headlight which is what caused the lamp to blow out. I called GM and they played dumb and said they had never heard of this problem. Yet as I was at the dealership to get it fixed there were other 2010 models driving in with the exact same problem. GM would not extend the warranty to cover this, as the warranty was over 4 years but still under the 50K miles. At $1400 each to replace these headlights, they need to fix this defect. Additionally, they are going to kill someone if these headlights keep blowing out at nighttime in the rain.

- Hutto, TX, USA

Feb 182015

SRX

This model has a history of collecting water in front headlights resulting in them shorting out and malfunctioning/failing. Cadillac will not recall and they are very much aware of this problem.

- Germantown, TN, USA

Dec 232014

SRX 6-cyl

My 2010 Cadillac Srx premium right (passenger side) headlamp is leaking and causing condensation build up on lens, causing the low beam and high beam not to work. The dealership quoted a price of approximately $1500 to replace the headlamp, as it is out of warranty. The vehicle has 55,500 miles on it. I contacted General Motors and they, in turn, contacted the dealership and the dealership called and said GM would not pay the entire cost, but would share the cost, quoting a figure of "possibly" $500. General Motors should replace for nothing. From reading all the complaints on this site, as well as on the "Cadillac forum" site, I concluded that the manufacturer of this headlamp has a faulty headlamp. I feel General Motors should have a recall as this is certainly a safety hazard.

- Ellijay, GA, USA

Nov 142014

SRX

After a rainy day, I was driving to work in the morning and the alert on my car said to check left low beam. When inspecting, I noticed that it was not turning on. I went to the auto store to check on light bulbs and then confirmed that the fuse's and the light were working perfectly fine. After attempting to set up an appointment with a dealership to check on the light, the car headlamp suddenly started working again. Now as of 01/23/2015 another few rainy days and now both of my headlamps are out along with the high beam lights. Luckily my fog lights still worked to get me home safely at night.

- Arlington, TX, USA

Jan 202013

SRX 6-cyl

The head light lens leak at the seam. Both head lights are effected. Moisture accumulates inside the lens and distorts the head light beam. This reduces the clarity and effectiveness of the head lights. I have replaced one headlight at 45,000 miles. The head light seal leaks water. Poor manufacturing and a safety concern. There should be a recall.

- Bedford , MA, USA

Jul 072014

SRX

The contact owns a 2010 Cadillac Srx. The contact stated that water entered the interior of the driver side headlight causing it to fail. The contact mentioned that the failure previously occurred on the passenger side headlight. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the assembly needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 40,000.

- Farmingdale, NY, USA

Dec 232014

SRX 6-cyl

There was an error message in my display to check passenger low beam. I had the passenger headlamp replaced at a Cadillac dealership at a cost of $369. I left the dealership and drove to my destination during the daylight hours. When I left my destination it had gotten dark and while driving the headlamp stopped working. I have since found out that the seal on the headlamp is no good therefore allowing moisture to develop inside the headlamp which causes the problem. I have found through research that this appears to be a design flaw with this model and many people have had loss of headlights at times when it would pose a safety issue. The repair is very costly (approximately $1400 per headlamp). There is moisture in the drivers side headlamp as well so it stands to reason that it is just a matter of time before that lamp stops working. I only have 73,000 miles on the car and without spending $3000 to rectify the problem, I could find myself with no lights while driving at night. This is in my opinion most definitely a potential safety issue!

- Swansea, MA, USA

Dec 082014

SRX

Left low beam light warning came on, took it to shop to change bulb, mechanic has changed the bulb, changed the ballast and it still doesnt work, whats the problem with the left light not working?

- San Bernardino, CA, USA

Dec 262013

SRX

I own a 2010 Cadillac Srx. The passenger headlamp has accumulated some condensation. As I was reading online this is a known flaw of design for this model (even 2013 models) that GM is aware of. As the holiday approached we traveled out of town. As were were leaving I was told by a family member that might passenger headlamp was inoperable. So my guess was that it was either a safety mechanism that the car will shut the light out to prevent a short or worst a fire. Well it was complete opposite. This morning my local Cadillac dealership has concluded the the known flaw in the headlamp actually shorted out my buld. Now I have received a quote for over $1000++ to replace a flaw in their design. How is this good business" if it is a known issue take care of it right" this is a design flaw, based on numerous Cadillac complaints as well as notes found on this very NHTSA website. In it's current state, the vehicle is not drivable in low visibility conditions or at night because the headlights have failed due to a design flaw. Dealer will not repair under extended warranty, and without repair the vehicle will not even pass a state safety inspection. This is a recall worthy fault which could lead to loss of life if fault occurs in low visibility or night driving, and renders the vehicle unsafe as it will not pass state safety inspection. Please force GM to issue recall on this issue.

- Tampa, FL, USA

Sep 022014

SRX 6-cyl

The right exterior low beam light was out and the housing unit was full of excessive moisture. On September 2, 2014; bulb replaced; light out again by the end of the month for a week then all of a sudden back on again; then out again and on again; estimated cost of parts were $1,459 plus tax and S.S. now only the running lights on the left and right side are working. Now try 1,459 plus tax and S.S.. times 2. this is a design flaw. Why so much moisture an electrical lightening unit? the left side does not have a lot of moisture and the light is no longer working. Nothing more upsetting than being away from home, its dark and your vehicle headlights will not come on.

- Clermont, FL, USA

Nov 062014

SRX

Passenger headlight (sealed beam) failed to turn on 2 days ago. I assumed it was a bulb, but the dealer identified it as a short due to water and condensation accumulation inside the housing. The light did come back on for a short time while driving to the dealership, but was off again upon arrival. Dealer stated the other light would be affected soon as well, based on water inside it too. I have the highest level extended warranty plan (GM major guard), but the sealed beam headlights are excluded from this plan. Dealer quoted cost of $1,800 per light, total of $3,600 to repair. This is a design flaw, based on numerous Cadillac complaints as well as notes found on NHTSA. In it's current state, the vehicle is not drivable in low visibility conditions or at night because the headlights have failed due to a design flaw. Dealer will not repair under warranty, and without repair the vehicle will not even pass a state safety inspection. This is a recall worthy fault which could lead to loss of life if fault occurs in low visibility or night driving, and renders the vehicle unsafe as it will not pass state safety inspection. Please force GM to issue recall on this issue. I am currently trying to figure out how to pay almost $4,000 on my $56K vehicle to get it drivable again, when it's under the premiere warranty plan. This policy is unsatisfactory at best.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Oct 222014

SRX 6-cyl

Car had been turned off and parked for 4 hours. Left rear tail light began to smoke and caught fire melting left rear of vehicle within minutes of fire dept being notified. Fire was put out by fire department before vehicle would have exploded.

- Martinez, GA, USA

Oct 082014

SRX

Both headlights quit working, high beams and low beams. Started vehicle at night and the vehicle did not have any headlights.

- Grosse Pointe Woods, MI, USA

Mar 172014

SRX

The contact owns a 2010 Cadillac Srx. The contact stated that the headlights failed to function due to water entering the housing unit. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the failure was confirmed. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not contacted about the failure. The failure mileage and VIN was not available.

- Groves, TX, USA

Dec 252013

SRX 6-cyl

The headlight has moisture inside of it and will not come on while traveling in the dark. I tried the high beam and it did not respond either. After my vacation I took my vehicle to the dealership in hope of finding out if I needed to change the bulb, but once my entire front end was removed I was told by the dealership that the headlight globe needed to be replaced. I have never been in an accident with my vehicle nor have I received any notification of a defective part for my vehicle. After about a few days the lights came on without any repairs. I have been experiencing the same problem every since the initial black out with my headlights. Again I purchased this vehicle from the dealership Toyota of hattiesburg March 2013. I have yet to be notified of any information regarding this defect with my headlights. I was told by the dealership that the cost of the repair would cost me out of pocket 2,500.

- Laurel, MS, USA