8.7

$1,640

1. replace headlight assembly (12 reports)
  3. reseal with silicone (3 reports)
  4. drill drain hole in light cover (1 reports)
2010 Cadillac SRX lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Cadillac SRX:

2010 Cadillac SRX Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Jun 062017

SRX LX V4

I want to know if the lawsuit for the faulty headlight undertaken in United State can include Canadian citizens.

- Richard B.,

Dec 012014

SRX Luxury 3.0L V6

I live in Maryland owner of a 2010 Cadillac SRX and my headlights have been fogged up with condensation since I purchased this car in 2014 used. I have not received any type of letter pertaining to the headlight issue. Several years back I did write a letter to GM complaining about the problem but it fell upon deaf ears!

Any suggestions from anyone out there? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. I have been extremely disappointed and frustrated with this whole situation. Why are the lawsuits only being handled state by state as opposed to a nationwide problem with these headlights. We need protection from the giant car manufacturers because they are shitting all over us all the time when it comes to fixing a very dangerous situation with this headlight problem. You literally can't see the road in front of you!! GM take responsibility for your major defective product!

- lmatteo2, Millersville, MD, US

Mar 052019

SRX Premium 3.0L V66

Warning light for low beam headlight driver's side came on when I started my car. Upon checking the headlight I saw the headlight was out and there was water accumulated on the lens cover. Car is stored in garage; however it was out in the rain for about 8 hours one day a week ago. Mileage - 80,000

I had the same problem with the headlight on the right in January 2015 - mileage 49,800.

Update from Mar 12, 2019: Spoke to customer service representative at Cadillac who informed me since my vehicle is out of warranty I will have to cover the cost to replace the headlight. Dealership gave me a quote of $1640 plus tax to replace driver's side headlight. While my husband was in the dealership talking with a rep he overheard another customer complaining about the same problem. Cadillac really needs to step up to the plate and issue a recall. I will never buy another Cadillac let alone another GM car. I am not surprised that another GM plant closed in Michigan last week. The quality in their products are below standard!

- Kathy G., Mint Hill, US

Nov 192018

SRX NA Na

I am having to pay $1800 for the second time to have the headlight replaced because of condensation. Based on all the accounts there should be a recall.

- Terry G., Maylene, AL, US

Oct 082018

SRX

I've only had this car for 6 months, why is there condensation inside the lens. I refuse to have to continue to pay to have a light replaced for this issue. I can't replace the bulb myself seeing the whole damn bumper has to be taken off. This is not ok so this needs to be fixed asap. People don't have $$$ laying around every time a bulb burns out because of the water/condensation inside to take it to someone that is gonna charge you 2 or 3 hundred dollars a pop.

- Monica M., Colorado Springs, US

Jul 122017

SRX LX V6

I can't drive my car at night because the headlight lens are so fogged up it does not let the light come through to see what is in front of me. I've been pulled over twice and the cops told me they thought I was driving at night with just my driving lights on and warned me to get it fixed. The dealer told me it's common with this car and said it will cost me $2300.00 to get it fixed. I guess it's time for a new car.

- James U., Bristol, PA, US

Apr 152018

SRX Premium

When you pay as much as you do for a Cadillac and you have significant issues with the headlights leaking....that is a problem! Who has over $3000.00 just laying around to fix this issue, which none of us Cadillac owners should have ever had to be faced with! I can't drive my car when it is raining or when it is dark out. I will never own another Cadillac, ever! I am waiting for a recall for this issue.

- Sylvia J., Bloomington, US

Jan 012015

SRX

Tried drilling small hole to drain water. Had no effect. Lights are dim. I use high beams mostly for better visibility at night. Other drivers haven’t seem to notice my high beams are on because the light is scattered by the water droplets in the housing assembly. Annoying!!! I was considering an upgrade but I’m not willing to spend so much time at the service center on recalls and $$$$ on dang lights. Don’t get me wrong. I love supporting American businesses, but Cadillac is pushing me towards buying a BMW X6 or the Range Rover for my next luxury vehicle. My buddies aren’t running in for recalls. Did I say annoying already?!?

- Zac V., New York, US

Jan 102018

SRX Premium 3.2L V6

Headlights are bad. There is moisture in both. Finally left headlight went out and dealer says there is no recall on my model. Now they want $198.00 for just the bulb that costs 6 dollars on eBay. Bulb is not the problem.

- Don B., Concord, US

Jan 022018

SRX Luxury 3.0L V6

Seems this is a known issue and Cadillac is not putting them in the recall category yet. They should do that as soon as possible.

- adroit24, KIrkl, US

Nov 072017

SRX Luxury 3.2L

2010 SRX Headlights building up condensation / water inside due to unit not being sealed properly. HID headlights cost a lot to replace. Have not fixed yet but working on other solutions. GM knows about this issue and it is a safety issue.

- Terry W., Groveland, US

Aug 212017

SRX LX 3.2L

Passenger headlight went out, light comes on says check low beam lamp. took to dealership they say water shorted something out. Probably need a new assembly and it could happen again and will cost $1,500 for only passenger side. I heard the drivers side will eventually have the same problem. * GM* what's going on? Are you going to let your loyal customers go to another auto maker due to not standing behind your products? I am not fixing it right away hoping they will wake up and have a recall. Besides whot has an extra $3000 laying around.

- Linda W., Inman, US

Oct 122012

SRX Lux Collection V6

The lights are not very bright at night time driving. Hard to see the road dry and worse on wet pavement.

- Maidelee S., Monroe, MI, US

Sep 302016

SRX LX

When I purchased this vehicle there was moisture in the passenger headlight, the dealer stated this was a normal condition that happened with many cars. Now the low beam light has burned out and the only fix to keep any more bulbs from burning out is to replace the whole assembly. I see many problems with the passenger side of these Cadillac SRX autos. I had to have the drain tube replaced for the sunroof because the car flooded inside when it rained, now the mirrors will not move after that fix but the dealership stated that mice had chewed through the wiring in the car and caused that short. It didn't happen until after they fixed the wiring due to the water leaking in the sun roof.

- bcole627, Benton, US

Apr 062017

SRX Performance 3.2L V6

Same Story as other SRX owners, Vehicle always garaged and maintained. I feel that this should be a recalled item that GM should cover.

- Michael N., Indianapolis, US

Jun 172015

SRX SRX 3.2L

Not long after I signed on the dotted line to buy this certified SRX, the water appeared in both lights. As months passed, the water amount increased. I will have to ask an auto repair person to drill a hole at the bottom of each head light on the side facing out towards right and left of the vehicle.

Update from May 19, 2019: The water problem became worse despite the drilled holes for water drainage and the lights dimmed possibly from water stains on the interior of the headlight lens or clear cover. I searched several websites and got two quotes to have both headlamps replaced. All the quoted prices were high. This is the first vehicle I had to replace both headlamps in a vehicle less than 10 years of age. Waited for income tax season to buy new headlamps and pay a mechanic to install them. There is a recall now on the SRX headlamp/lights for those made from years 2010 to 2015: https://www.classaction.org/cadillac-srx-headlight-electrical-problems-lawsuit. Owners of these models who have paid to have their headlamps replaced will be reimbursed. If not, the vehicle owners can have the headlamps replaced at no cost by GMC. I received a letter notice and release form together in the mail March 2019 to be reimbursed for the headlamps and labor. I submitted the release form and receipt of the lights and labor to the sender. Still waiting for my refund check which could take another month or two. It is now May 19, 2019.

- Doris W., Houston, TX, US

Jan 012012

SRX Luxury 3.0L V6

Moisture inside lens cover leads to dimming headlights which eventually fail. This is a safety recall issue. Where's the consumer protection?

- Dan W., Bedford, MA, US

Nov 012016

SRX Premium AWD 3.0L V6

click to see larger images

water in lights

The headlight casing generates an alarming amount of condensation..both left and right headlights. I am concerned about the potential operational/functionality issues as a result.

- sb.ca, Los Angeles, CA, US

Jan 092017

SRX V6

Went to have front right low beam replaced, I thought for blown bulb. Was told it was the ballast was burnt out . I was told that the headlight was leaking at the seam. This causes moisture to accumulate causing headlights to go out.I was told that whole headlight assembly needs to be replaced to correct this problem and the cost for both would be about $4,000. This should be a factory defect and should be fixed free of charge by GM. This is a very serious safety problem that could result in serious injury or death. There are dozens of complaints made for the same problem on this vehicle since 2011. This factory problem should be dealt with immediately. I am a senior citizen living on a small income and do not have the money to fix this problem. When I purchased this vehicle I thought I was dealing with a reputable company that would stand behind their product. So far they refuse to fix this problem.Now I have a beautiful 2010 SRX Cadillac that I am afraid to put on the street.

Judith Moss

Lizella,Ga

- Judith M., Lizella, GA, US

Aug 172016

SRX

Bought Cadillac 2010 SRX with 62,000 miles. Both headlights have water in them and will not turn on. Went to dinner last night and left restaurant. Both headlights did not work. Driving in the dark with no headlights is not a good felling. Anyone have a fix for this problem? does Cadillac plan on fixing it or am I on my own. Any Information would great be appreciated.

- Jazz S., Houston, TX, US