6.0

2011 Cadillac SRX brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Cadillac SRX:

2011 Cadillac SRX Owner Comments

Jun 012020

SRX FWD 3.0L V6

When it is how out, over 85°F the brake pedal becomes hard to press with very little assist, and all four wheels have the breaks applied. So the break pedal becomes hard to press while the breaks engaged and cannot disengaged them even after turning off the car and restarting the car. The only way I was able to disengage the brakes was by leaving the car overnight to cool off; alternatively, after some troubleshooting, removing the vacuum hose off of the break booster (removing the vacuum) will disengage the brakes, curiously. This is where my limited engineering knowledge left me scathing my head. Could be the a dirty poppet valve not closing on the driver side, allowing atmospheric pressure to push constantly?

- Marius M., Cleveland, OH, US

Aug 252018

SRX

I was on my way back from the airport on August 25 On Route 40, going north and a deer popped out from the woods. I tried to avoid by putting my brakes and the pedal went all the way to the floor. The car did even attempt to slow down, so I swerved to the right and the deer side swiped the car. Now I am very pissed off because this is the third time. My wife told me she tried to stop the other day and hit a small pothole and she said the car wouldn’t stop. This is bull sh*t!

- Stephan B., Pittsburgh, US