ANNOUNCEMENT: The Car Book 2018 is now online!

2011 Cadillac SRX lights problems: seal on headlight lets moisture in and lights go out

Seal On Headlight Lets Moisture In And Lights Go Out

2011 Cadillac SRX

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Cadillac dealer.

7.7

$1,710

1. replace headlight casing (9 reports)
  3. replaced headlight assembly (1 reports)
2011 Cadillac SRX lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Cadillac SRX:

2011 Cadillac SRX Owner Comments

Mar 202018

SRX Performance 2.8L Turbo

Heading to the NHTSB site to submit complaint. 2011 SRX Performance had driver's headlamp failure, replacement cost $1900. Dealer quoted even higher. Cause is moisture intrusion, a known defect to Cadillac. Even though replacement is OEM, illumination pattern is 2-3' shorter on driver's side than passenger side. Manual adjustment and computer reset did not fix. Lousy for a supposed luxury car!

- Bob C., Woodville, OH, US

Oct 252017

SRX Luxury V6

Moisture in Lights causing the to fail to work. Costing of $3,000 for both headlights money in which I don't have & there is no recall. Will cause someone or me to have a wreck if there is not a recall on them. I was driving home late at night kept wondering why I couldn't see, when I arrived home I only had fog lights. I am lucky it did not cause me to have a wreck with my grandson. Now we are on a dusk curfew as to I am a single mom do not have the money to fork out right now until I can save the money to fix them.

- Angie R., Mendenhall, US

Mar 042015

SRX LUX 3.0L

The 1st headlight was replaced in 2015 (covered, car was certified) and the 2nd was replaced June 2017 at a cost of $650.00. Something should be done about this by General Motors. When you buy a car like this you shouldn't have these problems. This is my 4th Cadillac please help.

- John O., Buffalo, US

Aug 012016

SRX

Cadillac SRX low beam headlights don't illuminate the road. Requires driving with high beams to see roadway without reflective strips or during rain. This is a major safety issue. I'm about to take to the dealership for repairs. I can only imagine how much this will cost and it is clearly a manufacturer defect based on the numerous online complaints. I don't like GM products and only bought this for my wife. Will NEVER purchase another GM product. They don't seem to want to stand behind their known defects. Praying this won't cause someone a fatality in the near future.

- Kevin M., Valrico, FL, USA

Dec 132016

SRX

Bought the 2011 Cadillac SRX Aug 2015, Oct 2015 passenger headlight goes out had to replace the everything wanted 1500 but talked them down to 700 because only had 42,000 miles. Now Dec 2016 and the left light is out and moisture!!!! GMC needs to do a recall seals are bad !!!

- tlecroy, Easley, SC, USA

Dec 012015

SRX

About 2 years ago I noticed off and on moisture in my passenger headlight. When I discussed at the dealer while still under warranty I was told the moisture had to be present in order for it to be fixed. Since at the time it was intermediate I missed the chance to get it covered. Now I'm out of warranty and the moisture is always in the headlight. I now find out it would cost over $1000 to get it fixed!!!! For a 35,000 car it's ridiculous that I have to incur this cost. I can see from this website and other sites that this is occurring often to this year and model. Very annoyed that this is not a recall item!!!

- Donna L., Delran, NJ, USA

Mar 022016

SRX Luxury 3.0L

I HAVE DISCOVERED MANY OTHER COMPLAINTS ABOUT THE HEADLAMPS ON THE SRX. THIS IS ANY EXPENSIVE VEHICLE AND THERE SHOULD BE A RECALL ON THIS.. COME ON GM LETS GET THIS FIXED!

- Gary T., Fennville, MI, USA

Sep 142015

SRX

It is now several months later and the right side is letting in condensation. It took the dealership over 2 months to get the part in from the manufacturer when I had the left side replaced. Now my car is out of warranty. My father-in-law just happened to buy the same make/model/and year and the same problem happened to him. Unfortunately, his vehicle was not under the manufacturer's warranty and he didn't have an extended warranty. This should be a recall!

- rakoons, Portsmouth, VA, USA

Nov 102015

SRX 3.2L

There is moisture in the passenger headlight is there a solution

- Greg N., Dolton, IL, USA

Dec 302015

SRX

Pressure should be put on GM to recall this model to fix this issue. Ridiculously expensive to fix! This price is for one headlight repair from the dealer. There is moisture in the other headlight, so if nothing is done, I can expect to pay the same amount for the other headlight too.

- a allen, WALTON, KY, USA

Dec 152015

SRX SRX Turtle V6

I thought that I had a routine maintenance problem with my driver side headlight, and was anticipating a quick fix at a minimum cost. The service department completed a diagnosis on my vehicle and informed me that my headlight was not the primary issue, but they head lamp assembly and that I would need to get a new headlamp assembled and installed in my vehicle at the cost of $1573.80.

What I anticipated as a routine maintenance issue, is instead, a manufacturer defect. This is a safety concern because no person should be placed at the rest at the expense of a manufacturer defect. Driving with one headlight is very dangerous, and places myself, and my family at risk.

- dr. cain, Zionsville, IN, USA

Nov 062015

SRX ES V6

I had one light that kept fogging up from moisture. Went in for service at Cadillac and ask them about it. They said it would cost $1,700 to replace one light because Cadillac had no way to take the moisture out. They didn't tell me it would cause my light to blow if I didn't fix it. The moisture would always dry up after a few days.

One night on my way home I noticed that my lights were not on. Took it to Cadillac and asked them why both my lights were not working. They said both had moisture in them and they would continue to blow unless I spent $3,100 to change both out. They never bothered to tell me this when it was under warranty. I had no choice but to replace them. My lights would not work until I replaced the unit, they said if I replaced just the bulb, which is around $400 each, it would just blow again very soon. I have owned many cars and never had this problem. I have not had a wreck or hit anything in this car.

Update from Dec 10, 2015: I had the same problem. They told me at Cadillac that they had never seen this problem, but they happened to have the lights for my 2011 SRX in stock. Go figure. There are many people who have had this problem in a SRX

- sandrahamilton, Mount Juliet, TN, USA

Oct 282014

SRX V6

This is the SECOND time we have lost the headlights because of the moisture getting into the headlight assembly. The first time the dealership said it would be $1,500.00 per headlight to get it repaired and we flew off the handle at this news! My husband argued that he would pay to replace the bulbs in the headlight assembly all day long but that the rest of the assembly, aka the wiring problem, was on the dealership because we bought the extended warranty. So this dealership DID re-wire the headlights to get them going again, which we said would only get us six months tops before the moisture caused the same problem AGAIN... We were wrong, it only got us three months time before I was driving at night and realized that I had no headlights again. Annoying AND dangerous, but luckily my fog lamps still work (because they are separate for the headlight assembly that has the broken seal) so I had enough light to be seen by others and creep my way home.

When we called the dealership this second time around they said they wouldn't cover ANY of the headlights since this was the second occurrence and the best they could do was cut us a deal to replace both headlight assemblies for $1,500.00 instead of double that amount it would normally have cost us. NOT ACCEPTABLE for headlight assemblies that are ONLY 3 years old...am I to pay this price EVERY 3 years?!?

- cindyin, Cloverdale, IN, USA