9.0

$200

2. replace low beam headlights (3 reports)
  3. replace its after market sylvania bulbs at your expense (1 reports)
2014 Cadillac SRX lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Cadillac SRX:

2014 Cadillac SRX Owner Comments

Dec 292018

SRX Luxury

The headlights on my Cadillac SRX are getting worse. I thought it was eye sight until my husband was driving in front of me and he said he could barely see my headlights. I'm very concerned about this issue. I paid $45,000 for this vehicle. The manufacturer should correct this as this is a major safety concern. Why hasn't GM issued a recall??

- Susie S., Pensacola, FL, US

Oct 102014

SRX 3.6L

THE HEADLIGHTS ON THIS SRX ARE VERY DANGEROUS, DO NOT RECOMMEND NIGHT DRIVING.

- Delbert P., Fairmont, WV, US

Dec 152018

SRX 3.6L

My 2014 Cadillac SRX has the worst low beam lights in any vehicle I have ever owned even clunkers from the 60's. It is not safe to drive at night, I took it to my Cadi dealer, and they said no issue found? So I started researching on line and find out this is a real big problem that GM has not acknowledged at all? Peoples lives are at risk. This is so bad that we do not drive this vehicle at night as it is unsafe. I have not found a fix yet even at my own expense. How can GM not fess up and recall and fix this issue? Does anyone have a fix for this very serious issue? I am afraid to drive this vehicle at night as it is unsafe. How can a safety issue this serous go on without a recall? Shame on GM!!!!

- Tim B., Marmroa, ON, Canada

Jan 022015

SRX

The lighting is awful on the vehicle. The lights get dimmer the longer we own the vehicle. Night driving is dangerous in this vehicle. The lightning has been this way since the car was new. GMC has no solution for the vehicle and will not recall. $46000.00 vehicle and we are scared to drive it after dark.

- Lanny B., Salisbury, NC, USA

Oct 192018

SRX LX 3.6L

The headlamps are so dim that I need to use high beams to drive at night. Took to dealer and they told me they have seen the problem many times but GM is not standing behind the issue. My dealership is very honest and I was told there was nothing they could do to fix the issue. They said they could replace the headlamps but we would have the same problem later. He suggested that adding fog lamps to the car has helped many of his other customers deal with the issue. It would cost approx $1200.00 to add the lights. This is NOT what I am expecting from a 4 year old expensive car.

Does anyone have any solutions they may have tried. Maybe drilling thru the housing to clean the backside of the lens and then adding a new vent material to seal the hole?

- David S., Concord Twp, US

Dec 282014

SRX Luxury

I am scared to death to drive my car at night. The low beam lights are horrible. I asked the dealer if there was a recall and they would always tell me no. It is bad to avoid driving at night and missing out on things with family and friends. I have cancer and it sure would be nice to enjoy driving with the time I have left. Shame on you Cadillac.

- Melanie H., Hanceville, AL, US

Nov 222017

SRX Premium V6

Can't see at night. Can't drive car at night. $1000 fix. Needs to be a recall by what I have read.

- Tammie R., Shepherdsville, KY, US

Jan 012017

SRX DLX 3.6L

Headlights on low beam are too dim to drive at night safely. If it is raining or fog is present you can't see. I mean period!

Update from Jan 17, 2017: Had to pay the dealership "Thompson" in Placerville Ca to replace the low beam lights with an after market bulbs! They charged me $135.00 plus the cost of the head light bulbs. They purchased them from NAPA auto parts.

- Tom C., Pine Grove, CA, USA

Nov 072016

SRX

PROBLEM WAS NOT RESOLVED. LOW BEAMS WERE REPLACED, TECH SAID THEY SPOKE TO GM, ADVISED TO REPLACE BULBS, BUT IT MAY NOT FIX PROBLEM. THE PROBLEM WAS NOT RESOLVED, STILL NO VISABILITY.

- Henry H., Sacramento, CA, USA

May 212014

SRX LS 3.5L

After leasing this vehicle I immediately reported the headlight visibility problem with Crest Cadillac in Syracuse where I live. All the attention and care I was showered with when I leased it went out the window. I was treated like I was full of . They checked it once and told me that everything was set to factory specs and they couldn't find a problem with that. After driving it that night I saw a small improvement but still overly dangerous.I went back the next day and asked them if they had adjusted the lights when I brought it in for my complaint. I was told that they never touched anything. I knew this not to be true because their was a slight difference in projection of the headlights after they had it in the shop. I immediately brought my car to a mechanic I have know 50 years, explained the situation and he checked it out and showed me the wrenches bite marks on the adjustment nuts under the hood..So they lied to me, treat me like a second rate citizen and I'm stuck with an auto that is unsafe from dusk to dawn. GM needs to address this and change the lights before someone gets killed in these vehicles, I also offed the dealer a lot more money to change them and because it was a lease they said it would avoid the warranty. I am now stuck till August of 2017 for a car only operable in the day time. Thats GM and a dealer sticking it to the consumer.

- Salvatore P., Syracuse, NY, US

Oct 272013

SRX Luxury 3.6L

Paid $48,880 for this 2014 SRX Luxury SUV. After purchase realized when driving after dark especially on a rainy evening, the low beam headlights were very poor. (This car has "intellibeam feature" which provides very good lighting on high beam.) Purchased aftermarket Sylvania ZXE HID Attitude-Xenon Fueled lamps and paid the dealer to install them. What an improvement in low beam visibility with the new lamps! MY GRIPE: GM obviously cut costs on this luxury vehicle low beam lights which are also the running lights, to avoid replacement costs for brighter lights that burn out quicker and fail under under the bumper to bumper warranty coverage period. My choice was to continue driving with poor low beam visibility or purchase the aftermarket lights, pay to have them installed, and realize I might have to replace them if they burn out in the future. I chose safety and underwrote the replacement cost.

Remedy for GM to consider: Install the brighter low beams as original equipment, and cover the replacement cost if one or two low beam head lights burn out during the warranty period on the vehicle. It could save lives and the still alive owner might buy another Cadillac in the future.

- Cameron B., State College, USA

Oct 302014

SRX LX 3.6L

i brought my car to dealer told them my low beams are so bad i will get in accident they raised them a foot come back. when called them back they wait for them to call me when they had a car available to use they never called. i was told it me or it body style likee to bad . they never called back so after 2 months i called and went in wanted to buy better lights from factory for car they said it will lose the warranty nothing can do but go to auto store and buy different lights. . i payed 50000o dollars for this car and can not drive at night to afraid i will get in accident

i an disgusted this car had 18 miles on it when i bought it and it is 3 months old and they say nothing can do

i reported it within 30 days of purchase and now i thought even if i bought the better lights it would be ok but they said no i have almosy got in to 2 accidents cause of them and am afraid to drive at night it the lowbeams

- Patricia C., Danielson, CT, USA