- June 25: GM Takata Petition Says No Airbag Recall Is Necessary news | 26 days ago
- June 21: GM Hard Brake Pedals Investigated in Canada and U.S. investigations | 30 days ago
- June 20: GM 8-Speed Transmission Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 31 days ago
- June 19: GM Truck Transmission Lawsuit Partly Dismissed news | 32 days ago
- June 19: Chevy Shake Class Action Lawsuit Is 'Overreach,' Argues GM news | 32 days ago
NHTSA — Service Brakes, Hydraulic: Foundation Components: Drum: Shoes/Linings Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2002 Chevy Astro Van has a solid reputation with very low complaint rates. The only problem now is finding one with low miles.
Not only is the 2002 Astro Van reliable, but since they were built on a truck powertrain, they can tow 5,500/5,000 lbs (RWD/AWD) -- almost double what other minivans can.
The Chevy Astro is mechanically identical to the GMC Safari.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 13,032 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.