- August 30: Chevy Bolt Batteries May Have Cell Problems recalls | 50 days ago
- August 29: GM Recalls Vehicles With Driveshafts That Break recalls | 51 days ago
- August 10: GM Recalls 2017 Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Trucks recalls | 70 days ago
- August 7: GM Oil Consumption Lawsuit About Vortec 5300 Engines Dismissed news | 73 days ago
- August 6: Duramax Diesel Lawsuit Claims Emissions Are Illegal news | 74 days ago
2001 Chevrolet Astro Van
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2001 Chevy Astro Van has a solid reputation with very low complaint rates. The only problem now is finding one with low miles.
Not only is the 2001 Astro Van reliable, but since they were built on a truck powertrain, they can tow 5,500/5,000 lbs (RWD/AWD) -- almost double what other minivans can.
The Chevy Astro is mechanically identical to the GMC Safari.
Worst 2001 Astro Van Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- brakes problems3NHTSA complaints: 37
- engine problems3NHTSA complaints: 7
- interior accessories problems1
- fuel system problems1NHTSA complaints: 5
- transmission problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- lights problemsNHTSA: 24
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 7
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 7
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 6
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 6
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 3
- steering problemsNHTSA: 3
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 2
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 2
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 1
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 1
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 1
- AC / heater problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Astro Van Model Years
Curious how the 2001 Astro Van compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Astro Van overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Astro Van.