- January 7: GM Class-Action Lawsuit Targets CP4 Fuel Pumps news | 9 days ago
- December 24: GM 8-Speed Transmission Fix Useless, Claims Lawsuit news | 23 days ago
- December 19: Chevrolet Silverado 1500 and GMC Sierra 1500 Recalled recalls | 28 days ago
- December 13: GM Recalls Buick Encore, Chevy Spark, Traverse and Trax recalls | 34 days ago
- December 11: Research Shows GM's Forward Crash Warning Systems Work news | 36 days ago
2005 Chevrolet Avalanche
CarComplaints.com Notes: It didn't take long for the cladding to fade, discolor, and in some cases crack. Cladding is the protective plastic piece that runs along the outside of vehicles, and exposure to both heat and UV rays give the Avalanche's cladding a chalky, faded appearance.
Owners have said the problem is especially bad on the panels near the cargo bed. Eventually, GM agreed to a one-time treatment of ArmorDillo, a protective treatment similar to what you find in any auto shop. Unfortunately, that would only help for 6 months (on average).
Eventually, GM offered another coating solution for owners within the 3 year / 36,000 mile original warranty under TSB:04-08-111-001C.
2005 Chevrolet Avalanche Electrical Problems
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Avalanche Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Avalanche compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Avalanche overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Avalanche.