- July 16: GM Recalls 2016-2018 Chevrolet Malibus For Airbag Failures recalls | 5 days ago
- July 4: GMC Terrain and Chevrolet Equinox Oil Consumption Lawsuit news | 17 days ago
- June 21: Recall: 2013 Chevrolet Volt Has Voltage Problems recalls | 30 days ago
- June 20: 2019 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 Recalled Over Airbag Failures recalls | 31 days ago
- June 19: GM Recalls Vehicles With Fuel Pumps That Can Leak recalls | 32 days ago
2005 Chevrolet Avalanche
CarComplaints.com Notes: It didn't take long for the cladding to fade, discolor, and in some cases crack. Cladding is the protective plastic piece that runs along the outside of vehicles, and exposure to both heat and UV rays give the Avalanche's cladding a chalky, faded appearance.
Owners have said the problem is especially bad on the panels near the cargo bed. Eventually, GM agreed to a one-time treatment of ArmorDillo, a protective treatment similar to what you find in any auto shop. Unfortunately, that would only help for 6 months (on average).
Eventually, GM offered another coating solution for owners within the 3 year / 36,000 mile original warranty under TSB:04-08-111-001C.
2005 Chevrolet Avalanche Electrical Problems
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Avalanche Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Avalanche compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Avalanche overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Avalanche.