- March 15: Chevy and GMC Air Conditioning Problems Target of Lawsuit news | 6 days ago
- March 8: GM Will Pay Certain Arizona Customers 6.28 Million news | 13 days ago
- February 27: Chevy Equinox Oil Consumption Lawsuit Targets 2010-2017 Models news | 22 days ago
- February 21: Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Overheating Problems Lead to Lawsuit news | 28 days ago
- February 20: GM Duramax Lawsuit Continues For Silverado and Sierra Owners news | 29 days ago
2005 Chevrolet Avalanche
Fuel System Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: It didn't take long for the cladding to fade, discolor, and in some cases crack. Cladding is the protective plastic piece that runs along the outside of vehicles, and exposure to both heat and UV rays give the Avalanche's cladding a chalky, faded appearance.
Owners have said the problem is especially bad on the panels near the cargo bed. Eventually, GM agreed to a one-time treatment of ArmorDillo, a protective treatment similar to what you find in any auto shop. Unfortunately, that would only help for 6 months (on average).
Eventually, GM offered another coating solution for owners within the 3 year / 36,000 mile original warranty under TSB:04-08-111-001C.
2005 Chevrolet Avalanche Fuel System Problems
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Avalanche Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Avalanche compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Avalanche overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Avalanche.