- August 30: Chevy Bolt Batteries May Have Cell Problems recalls | 26 days ago
- August 29: GM Recalls Vehicles With Driveshafts That Break recalls | 27 days ago
- August 10: GM Recalls 2017 Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Trucks recalls | 46 days ago
- August 7: GM Oil Consumption Lawsuit About Vortec 5300 Engines Dismissed news | 49 days ago
- August 6: Duramax Diesel Lawsuit Claims Emissions Are Illegal news | 50 days ago
NHTSA — Seat Belts Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: It didn't take long for the cladding to fade, discolor, and in some cases crack. Cladding is the protective plastic piece that runs along the outside of vehicles, and exposure to both heat and UV rays give the Avalanche's cladding a chalky, faded appearance.
Owners have said the problem is especially bad on the panels near the cargo bed. Eventually, GM agreed to a one-time treatment of ArmorDillo, a protective treatment similar to what you find in any auto shop. Unfortunately, that would only help for 6 months (on average).
Eventually, GM offered another coating solution for owners within the 3 year / 36,000 mile original warranty under TSB:04-08-111-001C.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 1 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 1 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 60,500 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.
seat belts / air bags problem