- September 15: GM Recalls Vehicles 2nd Time For Loose Brake Pedals recalls | 5 days ago
- September 14: Chevy Equinox Ecotec Engine Lawsuit Filed Over Oil Consumption news | 6 days ago
- September 13: GM Recalls 1 Million Trucks and SUVs For Power Steering Problems recalls | 7 days ago
- September 12: GM Recalls 230,000 Vehicles For Brake Caliper Pistons recalls | 8 days ago
- September 8: GM Side Blind Zone Alert Lawsuit Argued in Court news | 12 days ago
Chevrolet Recall 14505: Brake Fluid May Corrode Brake Module
2009 Chevrolet Aveo
If the ABS valve corrodes it may result in longer brake pedal travel or reduced performance, increasing the risk of a vehicle crash.
Service Brakes, Hydraulic — Fluid
- General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2009-2010 Chevrolet Aveo and 2009 Pontiac G3 vehicles. The vehicles may contain brake fluid which does not protect against corrosion of the valves inside the anti-lock brake system (ABS) module, affecting the closing motion of the valves.
- GM will notify owners, and dealers will replace the ABS module, free of charge, in any vehicle that did not have its module replaced under a previous customer satisfaction campaign. The recall began in late September 2014. Owners may contact GM customer service at 1-800-222-1020 (Chevrolet), and 1-800-762-2737 (Pontiac). GM's number for this recall is 14505.
- Documents (10)
- Defect Notice(Part 573)
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2014-Q3
- Renotification Notice
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q1
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2014-Q4
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Issued Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q4
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q3
Click a tab for more information.