- February 8: GM Wants Out of Recall of 6.8 Million Trucks and SUVs news | 9 days ago
- February 7: General Motors C/K Truck Fire Lawsuit Partially Dismissed news | 10 days ago
- February 7: Texas Man Says Defective Chevy Camaro Caused Crash news | 10 days ago
- February 3: GM Vortec Engine Lawsuit Says Oil Consumption Problems Abound news | 14 days ago
- February 1: GM AC Compressor and Condenser Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 16 days ago
2009 Chevrolet Aveo
1 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 2009 Chevrolet Aveo
Official recalls have been issued for the 2009 Chevrolet Aveo by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions.
Recalls don't cost you anything to get fixed, but most are time-limited, so if your car is affected you should call your local Chevrolet service department immediately!
If you have questions about a recall, write down your VIN & then call Chevrolet customer service.
2009 Chevrolet Aveo SERVICE BRAKES, HYDRAULIC:FLUID NHTSA Campaign #14V460000
Summary: General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2009-2010 Chevrolet Aveo and 2009 Pontiac G3 vehicles. The vehicles may contain brake fluid which does not protect against corrosion of the valves inside the anti-lock brake system (ABS) module, affecting the closing motion of the valves.
Consequence: If the ABS valve corrodes it may result in longer brake pedal travel or reduced performance, increasing the risk of a vehicle crash.
Actions: GM will notify owners, and dealers will replace the ABS module, free of charge, in any vehicle that did not have its module replaced under a previous customer satisfaction campaign. The recall began in late September 2014. Owners may contact GM customer service at 1-800-222-1020 (Chevrolet), and 1-800-762-2737 (Pontiac). GM's number for this recall is 14505. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #14V460000 »