- August 18: GM Hydra-Matic Transmission Lawsuit Filed in Michigan news | 7 days ago
- June 25: GM Takata Petition Says No Airbag Recall Is Necessary news | 61 days ago
- June 21: GM Hard Brake Pedals Investigated in Canada and U.S. investigations | 65 days ago
- June 20: GM 8-Speed Transmission Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 66 days ago
- June 19: GM Truck Transmission Lawsuit Partly Dismissed news | 67 days ago
Chevrolet Recall : GM/FMVSS 101
1996 Chevrolet Cavalier
The interior lamps coming on unexpectedly could startle a driver causing a momentary loss of control increasing the risk of a vehicle accident.
- Vehicle description: Passenger vehicles. These vehicles were built with the potential for the interior lamps to come on unexpectedly while the vehicles are being driven. This does not meet the requirements of FMVSS no. 101, "controls and displays."
- Dealers will run a diagnostic test on the lamp control module and, if necessary, replace it.
Click a tab for more information.