- September 11: Chevrolet Express and GMC Savana Recalled For 'Telltales' recalls | 8 days ago
- September 11: Chevrolet Malibu Fuel Injector Issues Cause Recall recalls | 8 days ago
- September 11: GM Vacuum Pump Recall Issued For 3.4 Million Vehicles recalls | 8 days ago
- August 18: GM Hydra-Matic Transmission Lawsuit Filed in Michigan news | 32 days ago
- June 25: GM Takata Petition Says No Airbag Recall Is Necessary news | 86 days ago
2004 Chevrolet Cavalier
Accessories - Interior Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: Widespread instrument panel failure is a common and frustrating reality for many 2004-2005 Chevy Cavalier owners. They're often left in the dark when it comes to knowing how fast they're going, what their engine temperature is, or even how much fuel they have left in the tank.
The likely culprit is a series of bad "stepper motors" which control the gauges and are no longer covered under warranty. Think not being able to see your speed is a safety issue and should be recalled for all owners? We'd agree. Trouble is, apparently the NHTSA does not.
2004 Chevrolet Cavalier Accessories - Interior Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Gauges Gone Haywire57
- Speedometer Stopped Working41
- ABS, Service And Trac Off Lights Stay On16
- Cd / Radio Failed5
- Dome Lights Surge While Driving4
- Instrument Cluster Malfunctions2
- No Horn2
- Both Seats Recline And Will Not Lock Back Into Position1
- Cruise Control Kicks Off When Using Turn Signal1
- Interior Lights Flicker, Or Don't Work At All1
- Key Stuck In Ignition1
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Instrument Panel67
- NHTSA: Seats6
- NHTSA: Equipment: Electrical: Radio/Tape Deck/Cd Etc.4
- NHTSA: Equipment2
- NHTSA: Equipment: Electrical: Anti-Theft Devices1
- NHTSA: Interior Lighting1
- NHTSA: Seats: Front Assembly: Recliner1
- NHTSA: Seats: Mid/Rear Assembly1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Cavalier Model Years
Curious how the 2004 Cavalier compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Cavalier overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Cavalier.