7.6

2. replace torque converter (3 reports)
2017 Chevrolet Colorado transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2017 Chevrolet Colorado:

2017 Chevrolet Colorado Owner Comments

Mar 012019

Colorado

My truck shudders a lot. It is irritating. I brought it to the Dealer's attn during oil change, said without engine light cannot be determined. But I know it didn't use to do that. Does anyone have a solution. I see other people have the same issue but no solution. I'm thinking of trading it in and getting a Honda ridgeline.

- LBELTRAN .., Lewisville, TX, US

Aug 162019

Colorado Z71 3.6L

Another shudder issue for GM/Chevy tranny, Scheduled apt for Aug 28th with the dealership (1 week out). Service Manager said they can only do 1 tranny flush per day for the shudder issue, I guess they have a few scheduled issues backed up.

- Thomas M., Delmont, PA, US

Feb 042019

Colorado 4WD LT EXT CAB 3.6L V6

Colorado shakes a LOT, mostly going uphill and accelerating. Buick/GMC dealer said "balance and align", which they did, but it still shook. NTB said needs balanced and aligned, which they did. Still shaking. Back to NTB, they said, "oh, it's in 4-wheel drive, that's why it's shaking." Now it's in 2-wheel drive, and STILL SHAKING. Pretty bad actually. Not all the time, just a LOT. I have a commuter with me 2 days a week, and it's EMBARRASSING.

- William P., Abingdon, MD, US

Oct 012018

Colorado

Noticed the shutter around 25,000 miles. Took it to be looked at in October and had the torque converter replaced. Within a week I could tell the issue was beginning to return. I waited a couple weeks and called the dealership. I was told that since my last visit, GM has directed them to stop replacing the torque converters. GM is apparently working on a new transmission fluid that will be released in the first quarter of 2019. They can only offer a transmission fluid flush as a temporary fix until them.

- Paul H., Walpole, MA, US

Apr 232018

Colorado LT V6

Local dealership flushed the transmission fluids stating the manufacturer put wrong type in and replaced with correct one. The "correct" fluid did not correct the problem so then the dealership replaced the torque converter. By replacing the converter, my truck is not shuddering as bad but it has not fixed the problem.

- Jody G., Galivants Ferry, US

Apr 062018

Colorado LT V6

The shuddering problem has not been fixed by dealership. Flushing out the transmission fluid and adding more did not eliminate issue.

- Jody G., Galivants Ferry, US

Jan 172019

Colorado Z71 3.6L V6

At low speeds seems OK. From around 45 mph a popping and loud thump starts when accelerating. At higher speeds 55 to 70 a shuttering (sounds like running across rumble strips) worse going up hill and down hill.

- Don D., Bullard, TX, US

Oct 242018

Colorado Work Truck 3.6L

After torque converter replacement, trans was good again for awhile. Now I have 16,500 miles on this truck & the problem has returned. Dealer is stating there is a software fix coming the 1st quarter of this year. It is time explore Lemon Law buy back!

- Paul G., Richmond, US

Dec 012018

Colorado LX 3.2L V6

Brand new truck. Appears the Colorado is known for having a crap transmission. Check Google. Won’t ever buy another one.

- Shawn C., Altamonte Springs, US

Jul 182018

Colorado 3.6L V6

2017 Chevy Colorado 4 door V-6, started to shuttle in Sept. 2017. Brought it in, they hook their machine up, they didn't find anything wrong. So I brought it in again. They changed trans fluid, 3 point flush. That worked for 2 months, then shuttle came back. The next thing they changed was the torque converter in 2018, that lasted about a couple of months, so they put another torque converter on that had a different number. Started to shuttle a few months later. This was in 2018. They told me they will be getting new type of trans fluid in Jan 2019.

- Lynn B., Denham Springs, US

Aug 032018

Colorado 3.2L V6

I have had my truck in to the dealer twice for this problem. The 1st time the dealer stated the reset the software for the transmission. The 2nd time they change the torque converter and replaced fluids. I will be taking it back once again for the same issue. My truck still slips going out of or down to 1st gear. I am still feeling the shuttering or possible timing issue. My truck is under warranty but still for the money I paid it is a problem. Lets get it right Chevy.

- Jeff P., Bradenton, FL, US