- April 13: GM Airbag Investigation Launched After Injuries investigations | 2 days ago
- April 8: Chevy Colorados and GMC Canyons Recalled recalls | 7 days ago
- April 8: GM Recalls Chevy Camaros Over Steering Wheel Emblems recalls | 7 days ago
- April 1: GM Class Action Lawsuit Over Fuse Blocks Dismissed news | 14 days ago
- March 31: Chevrolet Express and GMC Savana Owners: Park Outside recalls | 15 days ago
Chevrolet TSB #PIT5509F
2020 Chevrolet Colorado
Affected Component: ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
- This Preliminary Information communication provides information to the technician on how to diagnose and repair vehicle that may have a "Check Trailer Wiring" or "Service Trailer Brake System? message on the Driver Information Center when a trailer is connected to the vehicle. Diagnostic Trouble Code C1114 set in the Chassis Control Module. Chassis Control Module has to determine the type of trailer brake system that is being used. The Chassis Control Module can be sensitive to a variety of trailer wiring issues. The technician will need to make a trailer tester using Electric Trailer Brake Magnets and 7-way trailer connector to determine if it is a vehicle or trailer issue. If the concern is not duplicated with the tester installed, the vehicle is operating correctly and the focus should be on the trailer wiring or 7 way connector.
Click a tab for more information.