- May 8: GM Transmission Lawsuit Involves 8-Speed Automatics news | 17 days ago
- April 23: GM PCV Lawsuit Alleges Rear Main Seal Leaks Oil news | 32 days ago
- April 15: GM Brake Vacuum Pump Recall Closes Investigation investigations | 40 days ago
- April 7: Recall: GM Truck Hero Bed Covers May Detach recalls | 48 days ago
- April 6: LG Battery Problems Investigated By Feds investigations | 49 days ago
Chevrolet TSB #PIT5509F
2020 Chevrolet Colorado
Affected Component: ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
- This Preliminary Information communication provides information to the technician on how to diagnose and repair vehicle that may have a "Check Trailer Wiring" or "Service Trailer Brake System? message on the Driver Information Center when a trailer is connected to the vehicle. Diagnostic Trouble Code C1114 set in the Chassis Control Module. Chassis Control Module has to determine the type of trailer brake system that is being used. The Chassis Control Module can be sensitive to a variety of trailer wiring issues. The technician will need to make a trailer tester using Electric Trailer Brake Magnets and 7-way trailer connector to determine if it is a vehicle or trailer issue. If the concern is not duplicated with the tester installed, the vehicle is operating correctly and the focus should be on the trailer wiring or 7 way connector.
Click a tab for more information.