- October 18: Chevy Bolt Recall Fix Will Cost $2 Billion recalls | 0 days ago
- October 12: GM Oil Consumption Lawsuit Partly Dismissed news | 6 days ago
- October 5: Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra 2500/3500 Owners: Park Outside recalls | 13 days ago
- September 29: GM Recalls Cadillac, Chevy and GMC Vehicles For Fuel Pumps recalls | 19 days ago
- September 21: Takata Airbag Investigation Includes 30 Million Vehicles investigations | 27 days ago
Chevrolet TSB #PIP5185A
2014 Chevrolet Corvette
Affected Component: ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
- This Preliminary Information communication provides information to the technician about vehicles that may have a concern with a rattle noise at 30 to 40 MPH when the engine is switching between V8 and V4. Technician will need to inspect the drive belt tensioner for a hydraulic fluid leak if the vehicle was built before March 15, 2014. If the tensioner is leaking, it will need to be replaced. If the tensioner is not leaking, disconnect the electronic passive exhaust valves. If the noise changes plug 1 electronic passive exhaust valve in to isolate which valve is the concern. If there is no change replace the belt tensioner.
Click a tab for more information.