- October 18: Chevy Bolt Recall Fix Will Cost $2 Billion recalls | 7 days ago
- October 12: GM Oil Consumption Lawsuit Partly Dismissed news | 13 days ago
- October 5: Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra 2500/3500 Owners: Park Outside recalls | 20 days ago
- September 29: GM Recalls Cadillac, Chevy and GMC Vehicles For Fuel Pumps recalls | 26 days ago
- September 21: Takata Airbag Investigation Includes 30 Million Vehicles investigations | 34 days ago
Chevrolet TSB #PIP5282
2014 Chevrolet Corvette
Affected Component: ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING
- This Preliminary Information communication advises the technician about the calculation and operation of the engine oil life monitor. The monitor calculates the percent of oil life remaining, based on 3 pathways. The first pathway for oil life calculation is engine revolutions. The second pathway for oil life calculation is the mileage form the last rest for all General Motors powertrains except the Volt. The third pathway for oil life calculation is the amount of time the oil is in the engine. The Volt uses a 2 year timer instead of 1 year. It also uses the engine revolution counter. It does not use the mileage pathway to count down.
Click a tab for more information.