- April 13: GM Airbag Investigation Launched After Injuries investigations | 2 days ago
- April 8: Chevy Colorados and GMC Canyons Recalled recalls | 7 days ago
- April 8: GM Recalls Chevy Camaros Over Steering Wheel Emblems recalls | 7 days ago
- April 1: GM Class Action Lawsuit Over Fuse Blocks Dismissed news | 14 days ago
- March 31: Chevrolet Express and GMC Savana Owners: Park Outside recalls | 15 days ago
Chevrolet TSB #PIP5248A
2015 Chevrolet Corvette
Affected Component: EQUIPMENT ADAPTIVE/MOBILITY
- This Preliminary Information communication provides information to the technician on the steps need to diagnose and repair vehicles that may have stalling shudder and/or hard shifting into 1st gear or reverse vibration on launch (with excessive crankshaft end play). Technician will test to determine if the crank shaft end play is within specification 0.0015?0.0086?inch. If end play is found to be out of specification, remove engine and inspect for possible crankshaft thrust bearing and/or crankshaft for wear. Inspect thrust bearing for wear on one side and crankshaft on that ?mating? surface. If the thrust bearing has three vertical channels worn off replace connecting rod bearings, main bearings, thrust bearing and crankshaft. If working on a Corvette the oil tank with lines and oil cooler are both required to be replaced if equipped.
Click a tab for more information.