- February 16: Chevrolet Malibu Recall Issued After Airbag Inflator Ruptured recalls | 0 days ago
- February 10: Electric Car Range Decreases in Cold Temps news | 6 days ago
- January 7: GM Class-Action Lawsuit Targets CP4 Fuel Pumps news | 40 days ago
- December 24: GM 8-Speed Transmission Fix Useless, Claims Lawsuit news | 54 days ago
- December 19: Chevrolet Silverado 1500 and GMC Sierra 1500 Recalled recalls | 59 days ago
Chevrolet Recall 12261: Driver Side Frontal Airbag May Not Deploy
2012 Chevrolet Cruze
If the bar and terminals are contacting each other at the time of a crash necessitating deployment of the driver's frontal airbag, that airbag will not deploy, increasing the driver's risk of injury.
- General Motors is recalling certain model year 2012 Buick Verano, Chevrolet Cruze, and Chevrolet Sonic vehicles. The driver side frontal air bag has a shorting bar which may intermittently contact the air bag terminals.
- General Motors will notify owners, and dealers will replace the steering wheel airbag coil, free of charge. The safety recall began on January 11, 2013. Owners may contact General Motors at 1-800-521-7300.
- Documents (10)
Click a tab for more information.