- July 16: GM Recalls 2016-2018 Chevrolet Malibus For Airbag Failures recalls | 7 days ago
- July 4: GMC Terrain and Chevrolet Equinox Oil Consumption Lawsuit news | 19 days ago
- June 21: Recall: 2013 Chevrolet Volt Has Voltage Problems recalls | 32 days ago
- June 20: 2019 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 Recalled Over Airbag Failures recalls | 33 days ago
- June 19: GM Recalls Vehicles With Fuel Pumps That Can Leak recalls | 34 days ago
Chevrolet Recall 12261: Driver Side Frontal Airbag May Not Deploy
2012 Chevrolet Cruze
If the bar and terminals are contacting each other at the time of a crash necessitating deployment of the driver's frontal airbag, that airbag will not deploy, increasing the driver's risk of injury.
- General Motors is recalling certain model year 2012 Buick Verano, Chevrolet Cruze, and Chevrolet Sonic vehicles. The driver side frontal air bag has a shorting bar which may intermittently contact the air bag terminals.
- General Motors will notify owners, and dealers will replace the steering wheel airbag coil, free of charge. The safety recall began on January 11, 2013. Owners may contact General Motors at 1-800-521-7300.
- Documents (10)
Click a tab for more information.