- October 12: GM Oil Consumption Lawsuit Settlement On Hold news | 5 days ago
- October 7: Does Automatic Emergency Braking With Pedestrian Detection Work? news | 10 days ago
- October 1: Chevy Camaro Ignition Key Recall Issued Again recalls | 16 days ago
- September 22: Chevy Volt Passenger Airbag Sensor Investigation Opened investigations | 25 days ago
- September 20: Chevrolet Trax Recall Issued For Separated Lower Control Arms recalls | 27 days ago
Chevrolet Recall 18159: Fuel Leak In Rollover After Crash/FMVSS 301
2018 Chevrolet Cruze
A fuel leak, in the presence of an ignition source, increases the risk of a fire.
Fuel System, Gasoline
- General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain 2016-2018 Chevrolet Cruze LS vehicles, equipped with a gasoline engine and a tire inflator kit instead of a spare tire. The vehicles may leak gasoline following a rear-impact crash and a rollover. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 301, "Fuel System Integrity."
- GM will notify owners, and dealers will install a lock-ring on the fuel tank that will shield the fuel tank vapor pressure sensor from damage in a rear-impact crash, free of charge. The recall began June 7, 2018. Owners may contact Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020. GM's number for this recall is 18159.
Click a tab for more information.