- November 27: GM CP4 Lawsuit Alleges Fuel Pumps 'Explode' news | 13 days ago
- November 23: GM Hard Brake Pedals and Vacuum Pumps Investigated investigations | 17 days ago
- November 6: General Motors Windshield Wiper Recall Investigated investigations | 34 days ago
- October 17: GM Recalls Chevy Express and GMC Sierra Over Fire Dangers recalls | 54 days ago
- October 16: GM Recalls Cadillac, Chevy and GMC Vehicles Over Child Seat Issues recalls | 55 days ago
Chevrolet Recall : Wheelchair Lifts/Up Button
2009 Chevrolet Express
When the platform overruns the vehicle floor level and stops at an angle from 15-20 degrees, it is possible for a person in a wheelchair to tip over and for someone standing on the platform to fall, possibly resulting in injuries.
- Main mobility is recalling certain model year 2008 and 2009 conversion vans built on Chevrolet Express and GMC savana chassis from October 2007 through May 2010 and fitted with certain ricon S series and K series L-model wheelchair lifts. Due to a problem in the software that controls the lift's "up" function, should the "up" button be released before the floor level limit switch is activated, the lift may continue its upward travel and may overrun the floor level cut off point.
- Main mobility will notify owners and the repairs will be performed by authorized ricon dealers free of charge. A software solution for this safety defect is under investigation. Until the software solution is available, ricon will provide owners with a bulletin outlining proper wheelchair lift operation and will ship owners a dvd-based training aid to promote proper lift operation at no cost. The safety recall began on May 27, 2010. Owners may contact ricon at 1-818-267-3000 or main mobility at 1-716-759-6811.
Click a tab for more information.