- January 13: Corvette Engine Class Action Lawsuit Dismissed news | 11 days ago
- January 11: GM Toe Link Recall Expanded From 2 Prior Recalls recalls | 13 days ago
- January 7: GM Recalls GMC Sierra 1500 and Chevrolet Silverado 1500 recalls | 17 days ago
- January 2: GM 8-Speed Transmission Lawsuit Filed Over Shuddering news | 22 days ago
- December 20: GM Lifter Recall Needed, Says Class Action Lawsuit news | 35 days ago
Chevrolet Defect Investigation AQ18006: Sale of noncompliant school bus
2015 Chevrolet Express
Sale of noncompliant school bus
- NHTSA's Office of Chief Counsel received a report from a private attorney representing the estate of a child passenger in a 15 passenger van who died in a crash allegedly occurring when the van was being employed by a school district for student transportation. The attorney provided the agency with a bill of sale and accompanying documentation indicating that the van was sold in August of 2015 by Wiesner Chevrolet of Huntsville, Texas to the Trinity County Texas Independent School District. Sale of a vehicle that does not comply with the Federal Motor Vehicles Safety Standards (FMVSS) applicable to school buses when that vehicle is likely to be used significantly to transport preprimary, primary, and secondary school students to or from school or an event related to school constitutes a violation of Section 30112 of the Motor Vehicle Safety Act. The purpose of this AQ is to investigate the potential violation of the Act's prohibition of sales of a school bus that is not compliant to FMVSS.
Click a tab for more information.