ANNOUNCEMENT: The Car Book 2018 is now online!

1.9

1998 Chevrolet S-10 Pickup miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Chevrolet S-10 Pickup:

1998 Chevrolet S-10 Pickup Owner Comments

Oct 122010

S-10 Pickup

Driver's side cable that supports the tailgate rusted out and broke suddenly due to corrosion inside the coating. With the tailgate down, I was climbing back out of the truck, stepping back off the tailgate when it snapped suddenly. I am over 65 years old, and when it gave, I almost fell off. I do not understand why NHTSA has not required Chevrolet to make a recall and provide 1998 S-10 owners with repair of the obviously faulty cables.

- Raleigh, NC, USA