9.6

2014 Chevrolet SS steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Chevrolet SS:

2014 Chevrolet SS Owner Comments

Oct 102016

SS 6.2L

Power assist failed as I was driving and message came onto display (:"Service Power Steering. Drive with Care." I think was the message.

Dealer couldn't reproduce it or see any obvious codes related. I had the corrosion protection grease put on the steering electrical connections a few months ago (per the recall), so suspect it is indeed the electrical connection. Bummer that I can't let my wife drive the car now, because if it happened again she would not be strong enough to turn the wheel.

- Jim S., Saint Paul, MN, US

May 102016

SS V8

Just bought the car - certified pre-owned - less than 3 months ago. Sitting a red light this morning, about a mile from my work, and the warning message appeared on my display about the power steering. Sure enough, when I started to move, no power steering. I made it to work, turned off the car, turned it back on and everything was fine. But this is still not acceptable on a fairly new vehicle and could be very dangerous in the wrong circumstances. I will be calling the dealership as soon as they open this morning!

- Christine S., Duncannon, PA, US

Sep 112015

SS Sport V8

Power steering quit working again. Turned off and restarted ignition 3 times before the power steering would work again. Time to go to the dealership!

Aug 282015

SS Sport V8

Was pulling onto the highway and the power steering went out. I pulled over, turned off ignition, restarted and the power steering was working.

Sep 122015

SS Sport V8

Took my car to the Chevrolet dealership on 9/14/15 after having the power steering stop working 3 times. The dealership could not find anything wrong. Therefore I imagine that this will happen again. This is really a dangerous situation. I can hardly steer my car when the power steering goes out. Hopefully Chevrolet will be able to address this problem and FIX IT!!!!