8.8

$3,090

2. repair transmission (1 reports)
2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500:

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Owner Comments

Oct 122018

Silverado 1500 High Country 5.3L

I pretty much want truck fixed. I planned on having it for a while, but if I keep having problems I might have to go back to Ford. I have had my F-150 for 18yrs. Come on Chevy!

- Derrick P., Cleveland, US

Jul 192017

Silverado 1500 LT V6

Transmission that shifts hard, surges, and jerks its way through gears.

- Knott H., Jupiter Fl, US

Dec 102014

Silverado 1500 LT 5.3L

Purchased my 2014 Silverado 1500 in November of 2014, I was initially impressed with the comfort, performance and handling of my new GM. The feeling of satisfaction did not last long as the transmission started shifting aggressively. I had my truck serviced and asked if the transmission could be looked at as I felt the was a problem. When I picked up my truck, I was told they could not find anything wrong and I may need to get use to the truck.

I made several complaints as the problem DID NOT GO AWAY AND I DID NOT GET USE to this problem. The dealer offered a document stating that this is a normal operating characteristic of the truck. This is TOTAL BS and as with other issues the dealers string you along until the warranty expires. I now have 142,000 mile on my truck and I'm looking at replacing the transmission, the problem has become so severe that I HATE driving this truck as it feels like the transmission is going to drop out of the truck while driving down the road.

GM LOYALTY... no more! I will definitely look at all other brands for my next purchase!!

- chevydud2014, Cherry Hill, US

Apr 022018

Silverado 1500 LT 5.3L

Nothing like working all night pulling gill nets and coming in and loading you boat onto the trailer and your damn truck won't go into gear. It's sad how Chevy knows there are all kinds of issues with the transmission and they won't do sh*t about it. After several attempts the truck went into gear. Once in gear going down the road the trans just kept slipping. Once I got home and turned the truck off and back on it started to shift normal for a few miles and then it started again.

- Adam M., Brandywine, MD, US

Nov 222017

Silverado 1500 LT 5.3L V8

BOUGHT 2014 CHEVY 1500 WITH 15K AND STILL UNDER WARRANTY IN MARCH OF 2014. IMMEDIATELY TRANSFORMED IT INTO A WORK TRUCK BECAUSE I HAVE AM A GENERAL CONTRACTOR AND HAVE A AWESOME BUSINESS.

3 DAYS AFTER I PURCHASED IT, I HAD THE TRUCK LETTERED WITH COMPANY LOGO. STEP BARS AND LADDER RACKS INSTALLED ETC BLAH BLAH BLAH. TRUCK IS ALWAYS SERVICED (OIL CHANGED ETC). SO HOW DOES A TRANSMISSION GO OUT AT 123K IN A CHEVY!!!!

DO I REPLACE THE TRANS FOR $3000.00 WAIT TILL THE NEXT ISSUE, OR TRADE IT IN AFTER I REMOVE ALL THE LETTERING AND GET IT PAINTED, GET THE TRANNY FIXED ANYWAY AND REMOVE MY LADDER RACKS. I CHOSE THE FIRST OPTION BUT AT THIS POINT AND WITH ALL THE OTHER ISSUES I'VE HAD WITH THE TRUCK, I'M BEGINNING TO THINK MY TRUCK WAS MADE ON FRIDAY AND THE GUYS WERE READY TO GO OR MONDAY AND THEY FORGOT WHAT THEY DID ON FRIDAY!!!

THE TRANSMISSION SHOP THAT REPLACED MY TRANNY SAID HE'S DONE SEVERAL OF THEM AND CHEVY IS JUST MAKING CHEAP PARTS!! ( MY 2002 YUKON XL HAS 256K AND NO PROBLEMS. SAME ENGINE AND TRANS). OF COURSE I CALLED THE DEALER AND IT WASN'T A RECALL ISSUE!!!

- Tequila L., Conyers, GA, US

Sep 142016

Silverado 1500 WT 4.3L

This is another problem with my 2014 Chevrolet Silverado. While driving under non-acceleration condition the transmission kicks and bucks like it is coming in and out of gear. I only have 18000 miles on this vehicle and this is just one of many problems I am having that may or may not be related.

- bsawyer486, San Antonio, TX, US

Nov 302014

Silverado 1500 LT

I purchased a brand new 2014 Chevy Silverado. Within a week of having it, I started noticing problems with it. The radio wasn't working properly, the driver's side seat would move when turning a corner or going around a curve, but the worst thing was the transmission not shifting properly. Upon acceleration the RPMs would go up, but the truck wouldn't go anywhere. I was on an acceleration ramp getting onto a highway where the speed limit was 70 mph, and as I was accelerating the truck would bog down, make a clunk then surge forward. This happens on a daily basis. The truck has been into the service department more than 5 times for this problem and I'm told, "there are no codes showing up, so it's just normal for the truck." I have almost been rear ended at least 15 times since November, 2014 when I have been merging into traffic and the truck bogs down. I have contacted General Motors about the problem and have even gone so far as to go through the Virginia State Lemon Law process, which all GM did was offer me an extended warranty which I turned down. I'm still going through the process with the state of Virginia, and an attorney is my next step. I have been a Chevrolet person for as long as I can remember, well before I was old enough to drive. After going through this i will NEVER own nor recommend a Chevy to anyone again. Chevy knows there is a problem, but doesn't want to do a thing to help. I'm having small lemon clings made up that I'll be attaching to all my windows of the truck. as well as a large one that I'm attaching to the truck with, "This is What General Motors Sells." I'm driving a $40,000 piece of junk that Chevy knows is a lemon and all they want to offer me is an extended warranty. What good is the warranty if they tell me there is nothing wrong with the truck and I can't nor do I feel safe in it. Someone will end up being killed in this truck the way it looses power and will not accelerate. I did get the seat fixed (there was a recall on it), the radio was to be replaced (they still have not done that), the windshield cowling molding had to be replaced, the AC/heat goes on and off by itself, there is a chirping noise that can be heard from the back when pressing on the gas peddle (even with the radio on) and of course the truck not shifting properly. This truck is a total lemon!

- Cheryl S., Gloucester, VA, US

Oct 132015

Silverado 1500 LT 5.3L

Was starting to have problems with truck transmission rattling and shifting right. We brought truck to dealership. When diagnosed they said that the transmission needed to be updated and the wheel and tire was not calibrated to truck factory wheels. They updated transmission and said that it was ready to go and that they did not find nothing else wrong with the truck. We drove it back to la Charles from Picayune and the truck stop pulling on the way there. Truck was doing fine when it let dealer at first. I had the truck towed to the dealership up there and they said that the truck warranty is voided. Due to wheel and tire calibration not right, even though it was only off buy 5 mph.

- Curtis B., Picayune, MS, US