- October 3: GM Oil Consumption Lawsuit Alleges Vortec Engines Are Faulty news | 1 days ago
- September 20: GM Lawsuit Alleges Chevy Silverado Roof is Dangerous news | 14 days ago
- August 29: Corvette Cracked Wheels Class Action Lawsuit Continues news | 36 days ago
- August 18: GM Recalls 514,000 Cadillac, Chevy and GMC Vehicles recalls | 47 days ago
- August 3: GM Flex Fuel Class Action Lawsuit Filed in Illinois news | 62 days ago
Chevrolet Recall 18289: Temporary Loss Of Electric Power Steering (EPS)
2015 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
If EPS assist is lost and then suddenly returns, the driver may have difficulty steering the vehicle, especially at low speeds, increasing the risk of a crash.
Steering — Electric Power Assist System
- General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain 2015 Chevrolet Silverado 1500, Tahoe and Suburban, GMC Sierra 1500 and Yukon, and Cadillac Escalade vehicles. Electric power steering (EPS) assist may be lost momentarily, followed by a sudden return of EPS assist.
- GM will notify owners, and dealers will update the EPS module software, free of charge. The recall began October 12, 2018. Owners may contact Cadillac customer service at 1-800-458-8006, Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020 and GMC customer service at 1-800-462-8782. GM's number for this recall is 18289.
- Documents (13)
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2018-4
- Safety Bulletin
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2019-1
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: September 7, 2018 Subject: 18289 - Safety Recall Loss of Steering Assist
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for Safety Recall 18289 Loss of Steering Assist
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2019-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2019-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2019-3
Click a tab for more information.