- September 23: Chevrolet Caprice Police Pursuit Steering Gear Recall Issued recalls | 4 days ago
- September 22: GM Recalls Buick Encore GX and Chevrolet Trailblazer recalls | 5 days ago
- September 19: GM Piston Ring Lawsuit Fails Class Action Certification news | 8 days ago
- September 6: Chevy Camaro Starter Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 21 days ago
- September 5: GM Seat Belt Pretensioner Recall Investigated investigations | 22 days ago
Chevrolet TSB #N192265660
2015 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
Affected Component: ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
- Customer Satisfaction Program - Certain 2014-2019 model year Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra vehicles equipped with a power sliding rear window (RPO A48) may have areas of high electrical resistance on the rear defroster circuit. This could be caused, in part, by mechanical stress from opening and closing the rear power window, intrusion of debris, and use of the rear defroster. Over time, this condition could generate heat that could melt the areas surrounding the circuit. In rare instances, this heat could cause a non-propagating fire, increasing the risk of property damage or injury. Dealers will replace the buss bar covers and contact cover. If the rear window or sliding glass assembly appears damaged due to an occurrence of high electrical resistance on the rear defroster circuit, they should also be replaced.
Click a tab for more information.