CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2016 Silverado has a few problems reported here & there, but that's to be expected for a popular model. More importantly, it has no significant problem trends -- both with our complaint data & same with complaints made to the NHTSA.

6.0

2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500:

2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Owner Comments

Jul 292016

Silverado 1500 LT V8

So I came home after a 300 mile trip just before I got home the Chevy Stabilitrak Service lights came on; now we had just had serious thunder showers; so I drove thru some 1ft water in some lower levels (Not sure if this contributed to this) but I mean this is a Z-71 4X4 so surely a little rain. Onward anyway no big deal; but I go to take my son to daycare in the morning and I am only going 25mph maybe 30mph and it was like the brakes had hit them selves on the driver side rear. It jerked me right a little; no cars close to me nothing really affected; other than I though what if I had be doing 75MPHin traffic on Highway 35 just like I was coming home from Austin. After the brakes locked only for a second; then the Stabilitrak lights and sensors went off and all seems fine. I had scheduled to take back to dealer on Monday, that I am still going to do. But this is very concerning if this had happened at 75MPH out of the blue. I hope nobody ever experiences this at higher speeds. I will update after service call; but kind of hard to trouble shoot some issue that is no longer there. I also checked it before the incident with the OBD2 code reader and it had no codes.

- Christopher S., Fort Worth, TX, US