CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2016 Silverado has a few problems reported here & there, but that's to be expected for a popular model. More importantly, it has no significant problem trends -- both with our complaint data & same with complaints made to the NHTSA.

4.0

1. repair motor mounts (1 reports)
2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500:

2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Owner Comments

Aug 152016

Silverado 1500 LZ 5.3L V8

Few days after purchasing a 2016 Chevy Silverado LZ 4x4, I noticed during idle (stop light, stop sign) foot on the brake it has this engine vibration. After engine has heated up 5 miles after a drive, engine has this rumble and gets worse after hitting the freeway then another idle stop. Took it to the dealership couple of times, had mechanic with me to understand what I was complaining about. Mechanic felt it too, left the truck second time, service dept. talked to the Chevy engineers and recommended to fix the motor mounts (re-torque). Felt better after my ride home and hopefully stays that way. Next time you buy one, test ride it, take it to the freeway and few stops if you feel that rumble get another one.

- roxi710, Livermore, CA, US