- August 18: GM Hydra-Matic Transmission Lawsuit Filed in Michigan news | 3 days ago
- June 25: GM Takata Petition Says No Airbag Recall Is Necessary news | 57 days ago
- June 21: GM Hard Brake Pedals Investigated in Canada and U.S. investigations | 61 days ago
- June 20: GM 8-Speed Transmission Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 62 days ago
- June 19: GM Truck Transmission Lawsuit Partly Dismissed news | 63 days ago
Chevrolet Recall 15794: Air Bag Computer Housing May Fracture
2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
If the SDM housing fractures, water may get into SDM causing it to malfunction and hinder the proper deployment of the air bags in the event of a crash, thereby increasing the risk of occupant injury.
Air Bags — Frontal — Sensor/Control Module
- General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2016 Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra pick up trucks manufactured October 13, 2015, to October 14, 2015. In the affected vehicles, the mounting stud used to secure the air bag sensing and diagnostic Module (SDM) may be incorrectly positioned, and as a result, the SDM housing could fracture.
- GM will notify owners, and dealers will have the mounting stud repositioned and the SDM replaced, free of charge. The recall began December 2, 2015. Owners may contact Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020 or GMC customer service at 1-800-462-8782. GM's number for this recall is 15794.
- Documents (7)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - GM CUSTOMER CARE AND AFTERSALES DCS3871 Date: December 10, 2015 Subject: 15794 - Safety Recall – Release from Stop Delivery Upon Completion of Recall SDM Stud Misalignment
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-Q1
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q4
- Owners Notification Dates
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - Bulletin No.: 15794 Date: December 2015
Click a tab for more information.