- December 4: GM Recalls Chevrolet Silverado 4500, 5500 and 6500 HD Trucks recalls | 1 days ago
- November 11: GM Daytime Running Lights Recall Affects 338,000 Vehicles recalls | 24 days ago
- October 31: GM, Hyundai and Kia Sued Over Exploding ARC Airbag Inflators news | 35 days ago
- October 3: GM Oil Consumption Lawsuit Alleges Vortec Engines Are Faulty news | 63 days ago
- September 20: GM Lawsuit Alleges Chevy Silverado Roof is Dangerous news | 76 days ago
Chevrolet Recall 15794: Air Bag Computer Housing May Fracture
2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
If the SDM housing fractures, water may get into SDM causing it to malfunction and hinder the proper deployment of the air bags in the event of a crash, thereby increasing the risk of occupant injury.
Air Bags — Frontal — Sensor/Control Module-Inactive
- General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2016 Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra pick up trucks manufactured October 13, 2015, to October 14, 2015. In the affected vehicles, the mounting stud used to secure the air bag sensing and diagnostic Module (SDM) may be incorrectly positioned, and as a result, the SDM housing could fracture.
- GM will notify owners, and dealers will have the mounting stud repositioned and the SDM replaced, free of charge. The recall began December 2, 2015. Owners may contact Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020 or GMC customer service at 1-800-462-8782. GM's number for this recall is 15794.
- Documents (7)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - GM CUSTOMER CARE AND AFTERSALES DCS3871 Date: December 10, 2015 Subject: 15794 - Safety Recall – Release from Stop Delivery Upon Completion of Recall SDM Stud Misalignment
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-Q1
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q4
- Owners Notification Dates
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - Bulletin No.: 15794 Date: December 2015
Click a tab for more information.