- September 11: Chevrolet Express and GMC Savana Recalled For 'Telltales' recalls | 8 days ago
- September 11: Chevrolet Malibu Fuel Injector Issues Cause Recall recalls | 8 days ago
- September 11: GM Vacuum Pump Recall Issued For 3.4 Million Vehicles recalls | 8 days ago
- August 18: GM Hydra-Matic Transmission Lawsuit Filed in Michigan news | 32 days ago
- June 25: GM Takata Petition Says No Airbag Recall Is Necessary news | 86 days ago
Chevrolet Recall 18156: Driver's Seat Belt Tensioner Cable May Separate
2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
If the pretensioner cable becomes fatigued or breaks, the driver may not be properly restrained in the event of a crash, increasing their risk of injury.
Seat Belts — Front
- General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain 2015-2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 and Tahoe Police Pursuit and Special-Service vehicles. The flexible steel cable connecting the driver's seat belt to the outboard side of the seat may be repeatedly bent over the seat side shield as the driver enters and exits the vehicle causing the cable to fatigue and separate.
- GM will notify owners, and dealers will replace the pretensioner cable and seat side-shield, free of charge. The recall began June 19, 2018. Owners may contact Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020. GM's number for this recall is 18156.
Click a tab for more information.