- January 10: GM 5.3L Oil Consumption Lawsuit Affects Vortec Engines news | 12 days ago
- January 5: GM Transmission Lawsuit Partly Dismissed news | 17 days ago
- January 2: Cadillac, Chevy and GMC Vehicles Recalled For Seat Belts recalls | 20 days ago
- January 1: Chevy Bolt Recall: Brake Calipers May Break recalls | 21 days ago
- December 25: Chevy Shake Lawsuit Dismissed in Florida Court news | 28 days ago
Chevrolet Recall 18156: Driver's Seat Belt Tensioner Cable May Separate
2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
If the pretensioner cable becomes fatigued or breaks, the driver may not be properly restrained in the event of a crash, increasing their risk of injury.
Seat Belts — Front
- General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain 2015-2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 and Tahoe Police Pursuit and Special-Service vehicles. The flexible steel cable connecting the driver's seat belt to the outboard side of the seat may be repeatedly bent over the seat side shield as the driver enters and exits the vehicle causing the cable to fatigue and separate.
- GM will notify owners, and dealers will replace the pretensioner cable and seat side-shield, free of charge. The recall began June 19, 2018. Owners may contact Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020. GM's number for this recall is 18156.
- Documents (15)
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: May 17, 2018 Subject: Upcoming Safety Recall 18156 Seat Belt Lap Anchor Tensioner Cable Application for Used Vehicle Working Capital Assistance Program
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: May 3, 2018 Subject: Upcoming Safety Recall 18156 Seat Belt Lap Anchor Tensioner Cable
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Questions and Answers for Safety Recall 18156 Driver’s Seat Belt Pretensioner Cable
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: June 8, 2018 Subject: 18156 - Safety Recall Seat Belt Lap Anchor Tensioner Cable
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 2
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2018-3
- Safety Bulletin - Reference Number: N172131850 Release Date: June 2018
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2018-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2019-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2018-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2019-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2019-3
Click a tab for more information.