- December 4: GM Recalls Chevrolet Silverado 4500, 5500 and 6500 HD Trucks recalls | 1 days ago
- November 11: GM Daytime Running Lights Recall Affects 338,000 Vehicles recalls | 24 days ago
- October 31: GM, Hyundai and Kia Sued Over Exploding ARC Airbag Inflators news | 35 days ago
- October 3: GM Oil Consumption Lawsuit Alleges Vortec Engines Are Faulty news | 63 days ago
- September 20: GM Lawsuit Alleges Chevy Silverado Roof is Dangerous news | 76 days ago
Chevrolet Recall 17287: Frontal Air Bags May Not Deploy
2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
A failure of the front air bags or seat belt pretensioners to deploy in the event of a crash necessitating deployment increases the risk of injury to the driver and front passenger.
Seat Belts — Pretensioner
Air Bags — Frontal — Sensor/Control Module-Inactive |Air Bags — Frontal
- General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2014-2016 Buick Lacrosse and Chevrolet Spark EV, Caprice PPV and SS vehicles, 2014-2017 Buick Encore and Chevrolet Corvette, Silverado 1500 and GMC Sierra 1500 vehicles, 2015-2016 Cadillac Escalade and Escalade ESV, Chevrolet Tahoe, Trax, Suburban and Silverado 2500 and 3500 and GMC Yukon and Yukon XL vehicles, and 2015-2017 GMC Sierra HD 2500 and 3500 vehicles. While being previously remedied for recall 16V-651, the affected vehicles may not have received the complete software update necessary to remedy the recall condition. Without the update, certain driving conditions may cause the air bag sensing and diagnostic module (SDM) software to activate a diagnostic test. During this test, deployment of the frontal air bags and the seat belt pretensioners would not occur in the event of a crash.
- GM will notify owners, and dealers will reflash the SDM software. Vehicles that have had a previous air bag deployment will have the SDM replaced. These repairs will be performed free of charge. The recall began on August 4, 2017. Owners may contact Buick customer service at 1-800-521-7300, Cadillac customer service at 1-800-458-8006, Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020, or GMC customer service at 1-800-462-8782. GM's number for this recall is 17287.
- Documents (12)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: July 28, 2017 Subject: 17287 01 – Safety Recall Frontal Airbag and Pretensioner Non Deploy Customer Letter Added
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: July 14, 2017 Subject: Safety Recall Bulletin 16007-03 Frontal Air Bag and Pretensioner Non Deploy Additional Information Regarding Recent Bulletin Revisions
- Safety Bulletin - Reference Number: N172105680 Release Date: July 2017 Revision: 01
- Safety Bulletin - Reference Number: N172105680 Release Date: July 2017
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: July 10, 2017 Subject: 17287 - Safety Recall
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2017-4
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 2
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2017-3
Click a tab for more information.