- January 10: GM 5.3L Oil Consumption Lawsuit Affects Vortec Engines news | 13 days ago
- January 5: GM Transmission Lawsuit Partly Dismissed news | 18 days ago
- January 2: Cadillac, Chevy and GMC Vehicles Recalled For Seat Belts recalls | 21 days ago
- January 1: Chevy Bolt Recall: Brake Calipers May Break recalls | 22 days ago
- December 25: Chevy Shake Lawsuit Dismissed in Florida Court news | 29 days ago
Chevrolet Recall 15808: Intermittent Failure Of Audio Warning System
2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
An unbelted driver is at a greater risk of injury in a crash.
Electrical System — Software
- Genera Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2016 Chevrolet Camaro, Malibu, Silverado and GMC Sierra vehicles. The radio may intermittently fail to provide an audio warning when the key has been left in the ignition and the door is opened or when the driver does not fasten their seat belt. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS) number 114, "Theft Protection", and/or 208, "Occupant Crash Protection."
- GM will notify owners, and dealers will update the radio software, free of charge. The recall began on March 14, 2016. Owners may contact Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020, or GMC customer service at 1-800-462-8782. GM's number for this recall is 15808.
- Documents (18)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - GLOBAL SAFETY FIELD INVESTIGATIONS DCS3926 Date: February 10, 2016 Subject: 15808 - Noncompliance Recall
- Safety Bulletin - Bulletin No.: 15808 Date: February 2016
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
- Safety Bulletin - Bulletin No.: 15808A Date: March 2016
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - GLOBAL SAFETY FIELD INVESTIGATIONS DCS3946 Date: March 1, 2016 Subject: 15808A – Noncompliance Recall No Key in Reminder Chime and/or No Audio Customer Letter Added
- Non-Compliance Notice 573 Report/FMVSS 114, 208
- Recall Acknowledgement
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2016-2
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-Q1
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2016-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2017-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2016-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2017-1
- Safety Bulletin - Bulletin No.: 15808B Date: December 2017
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: December 15, 2017 Subject: 15808B – Noncompliance Recall Revised No Key in Reminder Chime and/or No Audio
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: February 1, 2018
- Safety Bulletin - Bulletin No.: 15808C Date: February 2018
Click a tab for more information.