- September 16: General Motors Oil Consumption Lawsuit Dismissed news | 0 days ago
- September 1: Airbag Class Action Lawsuit Filed Against Chrysler and GM news | 15 days ago
- August 23: Chevrolet Silverado 2500 and GMC Sierra 2500 Recalled recalls | 24 days ago
- August 22: GM Shift to Park Lawsuit Says Vehicles Can't Be Shut Off news | 25 days ago
- August 12: Chevrolet Equinox and GMC Terrain Recalled For Hankook Tires recalls | 35 days ago
Chevrolet TSB #PIT5444D
2018 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
Affected Component: ELECTRICAL SYSTEM:SOFTWARE
- This Preliminary Information communication provides information to the technician about the text messaging feature on some newer General Motors infotainment systems. Pair the iPhone to the system then enter the Bluetooth settings menu, select the ?i? icon next to the vehicle name in the device and enable show notifications. The text messaging feature will be available on the next ignition cycle. However with iPhones text messages cannot be responded to when using the infotainment system, they can only be received. For android devices pair the phone to the system during the pairing process the phone will ask you to allow the vehicle to access the device contacts. A second question will pop up on the device asking to allow the vehicle to access the message access profile. Both have to be allowed for the text messaging feature to work.
Click a tab for more information.