- January 7: GM Class-Action Lawsuit Targets CP4 Fuel Pumps news | 16 days ago
- December 24: GM 8-Speed Transmission Fix Useless, Claims Lawsuit news | 30 days ago
- December 19: Chevrolet Silverado 1500 and GMC Sierra 1500 Recalled recalls | 35 days ago
- December 13: GM Recalls Buick Encore, Chevy Spark, Traverse and Trax recalls | 41 days ago
- December 11: Research Shows GM's Forward Crash Warning Systems Work news | 43 days ago
Chevrolet Recall 02029: GM/Air Bag Sensing Module
2000 Chevrolet Silverado 2500
In a vehicle crash, front seat occupants may receive more severe injuries.
Air Bags — Frontal — Sensor/Control Module
- On certain pickup and utility trucks, some of these vehicles have an air bag sensing diagnostic module (SDM) which contains an anomaly that could result in the driver and passenger's air bag failing to deploy during certain frontal crashes.
- Dealers will recalibrate the SDM on the affected vehicles. Owner notification began August 28, 2002. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Chevrolet at 1-800-222-1020 or GMC at 1-800-462-8782.
- Documents (6)
Click a tab for more information.