- August 13: GM Air Conditioning Class-Action Lawsuit Claims Systems Fail news | 2 days ago
- August 4: GM Diesel Lawsuit Continues Over Duramax Emissions news | 11 days ago
- July 25: General Motors Takata Airbag Recall Needed: Safety Group news | 21 days ago
- July 16: GM Recalls 2016-2018 Chevrolet Malibus For Airbag Failures recalls | 30 days ago
- July 4: GMC Terrain and Chevrolet Equinox Oil Consumption Lawsuit news | 42 days ago
Chevrolet Recall 02029: GM/Air Bag Sensing Module
2000 Chevrolet Silverado 2500
In a vehicle crash, front seat occupants may receive more severe injuries.
Air Bags — Frontal — Sensor/Control Module
- On certain pickup and utility trucks, some of these vehicles have an air bag sensing diagnostic module (SDM) which contains an anomaly that could result in the driver and passenger's air bag failing to deploy during certain frontal crashes.
- Dealers will recalibrate the SDM on the affected vehicles. Owner notification began August 28, 2002. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Chevrolet at 1-800-222-1020 or GMC at 1-800-462-8782.
- Documents (6)
Click a tab for more information.