- September 15: GM Recalls Vehicles 2nd Time For Loose Brake Pedals recalls | 6 days ago
- September 14: Chevy Equinox Ecotec Engine Lawsuit Filed Over Oil Consumption news | 7 days ago
- September 13: GM Recalls 1 Million Trucks and SUVs For Power Steering Problems recalls | 8 days ago
- September 12: GM Recalls 230,000 Vehicles For Brake Caliper Pistons recalls | 9 days ago
- September 8: GM Side Blind Zone Alert Lawsuit Argued in Court news | 13 days ago
Chevrolet Recall 01050: GM/FMVSS 105/Brake System Warning Light
2001 Chevrolet Silverado 2500
These conditions could result in reduced braking capability, which could lead to a crash.
- Vehicle description: Certain pickup trucks equipped with 6.6L diesel engines fail to comply with requirements of FMVSS no. 105, "hydraulic and electric brake systems." These vehicles have a brake system warning light in the instrument cluster that may not illuminate when the brake fluid is low. In addition, when the brake fluid is low, the vehicle may not meet the partial system requirements of FMVSS no. 105.
- Dealers will change the location of a wire connection in the underhood bussed electrical center. Owner notification began July 9, 2001. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Chevrolet at 1-800-222-1020 or GMC at 1-800-462-8782.
- Documents (6)
Click a tab for more information.