- September 16: General Motors Oil Consumption Lawsuit Dismissed news | 3 days ago
- September 1: Airbag Class Action Lawsuit Filed Against Chrysler and GM news | 18 days ago
- August 23: Chevrolet Silverado 2500 and GMC Sierra 2500 Recalled recalls | 27 days ago
- August 22: GM Shift to Park Lawsuit Says Vehicles Can't Be Shut Off news | 28 days ago
- August 12: Chevrolet Equinox and GMC Terrain Recalled For Hankook Tires recalls | 38 days ago
Chevrolet TSB #PIT5311D
2018 Chevrolet Silverado 2500
Affected Component: ELECTRICAL SYSTEM: INTEGRATED TRAILER BRAKE CONTROL
- This Preliminary Information communication provides information to the technician on the steps to diagnose and repair vehicles that may have an intermittent "Check Trailer Wiring" or "Service Trailer Brake" message on the Driver Information Center. Technician will inspect and clean the ground wire (normally white wire) connection on the trailer side of the 7-pin connector. Inspect that the wires inside the trailer side connector are clean and securely fastened. If the vehicle’s 7-way connector socket terminals are deformed or have excessive wear, it will be necessary to replace the truck side connector with part number 23404450.
Click a tab for more information.