2019 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 2500:

2019 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Owner Comments

Mar 022019

Silverado 2500 LTZ 6.6L

click to see larger images

paint and clear coat coming off paint and clear coat coming off

Traded in a 3500HD w 20k miles for my first brand new 2500HD duramax cajun Red.

Got home with truck, washed it went to wax it, and called dealer about paint missing under door handle on driver's rear door. Dealer in Ohio said take it to dealer locally in Indiana.. but w more issues. Dealer says paint appears to have sap stains on paint.. its def contamination under clear coat. Then I noticed 4-6 chips on truck. The truck appears to have a sanded place under clear coat on fender, and funny part.. I've 0 trees on my land.. and my truck's parked in a heated shop, with a 2020 triton boat and a 1000hp Camaro 2017 convertible..Anywhoo 2nd dealer said IF Ohio dealer would pay 1700 outta pocket he'd "try" to wet sand and buff issue away. I've been around paint engines etc all my life. That's not the fix. Its too deep. He will sand right into paint. And I will not accept a patch up job on a 60,000.00 new truck. The chrome wheels are so corroded I cannot clean them. Took the truck to be professionally cleaned and the problem lies in paint and chrome. To date no answer on if GM will do me right and back up this expensive truck I purchased new. The truck also when I hook to my 2020 cargo trailer acquires a vibration, so I tried to hook up to a friends trailer 2018, still have vibration. Like in the wheels. We were told Goodyear tires were under recall. Dealer says nope. We pray this will be resolved professionally and as soon as possible. I'd like to enjoy my new truck without the expense of an attorney.

- rwb2ss, Walkerton, US