- November 12: Chevy Shift to Park Lawsuit: Vehicles Won't Shut Off news | 19 days ago
- October 18: Chevy Bolt Recall Fix Will Cost $2 Billion recalls | 44 days ago
- October 12: GM Oil Consumption Lawsuit Partly Dismissed news | 50 days ago
- October 5: Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra 2500/3500 Owners: Park Outside recalls | 57 days ago
- September 29: GM Recalls Cadillac, Chevy and GMC Vehicles For Fuel Pumps recalls | 63 days ago
Chevrolet Defect Investigation DP10001: Fuel Level Gauge System Failure
2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT
Fuel Level Gauge System Failure
Fuel System, Other
Fuel System, Other:Storage:Fuel Gauge System
- The Office of Defects Investigation has received 668 complaints alleging inaccurate fuel gauge reading while driving in model year 2005-07 Chevrolet Trailblazer, GMC Envoy, Buick Rainier, and Saab 9-7x vehicles.Of the 668 complaints, 58 incidents were alleged to result in a vehicle stall.Of the 58 stalling incidents, 43 complaints reported stalling because the fuel level reading indicated more fuel availability than what is actually in the fuel tank. One complaint alleged a vehicle crash after the vehicle stalled while exiting the interstate, became disabled, and was struck from behind.Summarily, the complaints show an apparent increasing trend, with most complaints received within the past year.A Preliminary Evaluation has been opened to assess the scope, frequency and potential safety consequences associated with the alleged defect.
- Documents (3)
Click a tab for more information.