- August 13: GM Air Conditioning Class-Action Lawsuit Claims Systems Fail news | 2 days ago
- August 4: GM Diesel Lawsuit Continues Over Duramax Emissions news | 11 days ago
- July 25: General Motors Takata Airbag Recall Needed: Safety Group news | 21 days ago
- July 16: GM Recalls 2016-2018 Chevrolet Malibus For Airbag Failures recalls | 30 days ago
- July 4: GMC Terrain and Chevrolet Equinox Oil Consumption Lawsuit news | 42 days ago
Chevrolet Recall 15700: Driver's Master Power Window Switch May Short
2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT
The protective coating may not eliminate the risk that the circuit board could short and result in a fire, even while the vehicle is unattended.
Visibility — Power Window Devices And Controls
- General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2006-2007 Buick Rainier, Chevrolet Trailblazer and GMC Envoy vehicles, and 2006 GMC Envoy XL and Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT vehicles. Fluid may enter into the driver's door master power window switch module, causing corrosion that could result in a short in the circuit board, causing window switches to become inoperative. Previously, the affected vehicles may have had their master power window switch module treated with a protective coating, instead of having it replaced.
- GM will notify owners, and dealers will install a new driver's door switch module, free of charge. The recall began on November 2, 2015. Owners may contact Buick customer service at 1-800-521-7300, Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020, and GMC customer service at 1-800-462-8782. GM's number for this recall is 15700.
- Documents (18)
- Defect 573 Report
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Upcoming Safety Recall – 15700 Driver Door Switch Short Circuit
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- GM Quarterly Report Assesment
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2016-2
- April 28, 2016 Subject: Clarification on Quarterly Report Figures Recall 15V599 (GM15700)
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-Q1
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q4
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2016-3
- October 26, 2016 Subject: Clarification on Quarterly Report Figures
- May 4, 2017 Subject: Clarification on Quarterly Report Figures Recall 15V599 (GM 15700)
- January 27, 2016 Subject: Clarification on Quarterly Report Figures
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2017-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2016-4
Click a tab for more information.