- June 19: GM Recalls Vehicles With Fuel Pumps That Can Leak recalls | 1 days ago
- June 14: Chevrolet Sonic Recalled to Replace Seatbacks recalls | 6 days ago
- May 27: Recall: Chevrolet Silverado 1500, 2500 and 3500 recalls | 24 days ago
- May 26: GM Recalls Chevrolet Cruze LS Cars For Risk of Fires recalls | 25 days ago
- May 23: Chevrolet Cruze 'Side Blind Zone Alert' Lawsuit Filed news | 28 days ago
Chevrolet Recall 09045: Park Brake Inoperative-Fracture Cable Connector
2009 Chevrolet Traverse
If the transmission shift lever is in the park position, there will be no unintended vehicle movement. However, if the keys are left in the ignition, the transmission shift lever is in any position other than park, and the vehicle is parked on a sufficient slope, it could result in unintended vehicle movement. This could result in a crash without prior warning.
- GM is recalling 15,393 MY 2009 Chevrolet Traverse vehicles for failing to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard no. 135, "passenger car brake systems." These vehicles may have a park brake cable link (connector) that is not to specification. This connector may fracture when the park brake pedal is depressed.
- Dealers are to replace the park brake cable link (connector) free of charge. GM anticipates that the dealer bulletin will be sent May 5, 2009 and owner letters will be mailed in June 2009. Owners may contact Chevrolet at 1-800-630-2438, or at www.gmownercenter.com.
- Documents (10)
Click a tab for more information.