- November 12: Chevy Shift to Park Lawsuit: Vehicles Won't Shut Off news | 24 days ago
- October 18: Chevy Bolt Recall Fix Will Cost $2 Billion recalls | 50 days ago
- October 12: GM Oil Consumption Lawsuit Partly Dismissed news | 56 days ago
- October 5: Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra 2500/3500 Owners: Park Outside recalls | 63 days ago
- September 29: GM Recalls Cadillac, Chevy and GMC Vehicles For Fuel Pumps recalls | 69 days ago
Chevrolet Recall A192261870: Lower Control Arm May Separate From Vehicle
2016 Chevrolet Trax
A partial separation of the lower-control arm from the vehicle could cause the attached front wheel to toe outward, impacting the vehicle's handling and steering and increasing the risk of crash.
Suspension — Front — Control Arm — Lower Ball Joint
- General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain 2015-2018 Chevrolet Trax vehicles. A joint in one or both of the front lower control arms may have been improperly welded. An improperly welded joint may break, resulting in the partial separation of the lower control arm from the vehicle.
- GM will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the left and right front lower-control arms, replacing them as necessary, free of charge. The recall began November 6, 2019. Owners may contact Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020. GM's number for this recall is A192261870.
- Documents (9)
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2019-4
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: September 12, 2019 Subject: A192261870 – Safety Recall Lower Control Arm Weld
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Safety Bulletin
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for Safety Recall A192261870 Lower Control Arm Weld
- Safety Bulletin
Click a tab for more information.