- December 4: GM Recalls Chevrolet Silverado 4500, 5500 and 6500 HD Trucks recalls | 1 days ago
- November 11: GM Daytime Running Lights Recall Affects 338,000 Vehicles recalls | 24 days ago
- October 31: GM, Hyundai and Kia Sued Over Exploding ARC Airbag Inflators news | 35 days ago
- October 3: GM Oil Consumption Lawsuit Alleges Vortec Engines Are Faulty news | 63 days ago
- September 20: GM Lawsuit Alleges Chevy Silverado Roof is Dangerous news | 76 days ago
Chevrolet Recall A192261870: Lower Control Arm May Separate From Vehicle
2016 Chevrolet Trax
A partial separation of the lower-control arm from the vehicle could cause the attached front wheel to toe outward, impacting the vehicle's handling and steering and increasing the risk of crash.
Suspension — Front — Control Arm — Lower Ball Joint
- General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain 2015-2018 Chevrolet Trax vehicles. A joint in one or both of the front lower control arms may have been improperly welded. An improperly welded joint may break, resulting in the partial separation of the lower control arm from the vehicle.
- GM will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the left and right front lower-control arms, replacing them as necessary, free of charge. The recall began November 6, 2019. Owners may contact Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020. GM's number for this recall is A192261870.
- Documents (9)
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2019-4
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: September 12, 2019 Subject: A192261870 – Safety Recall Lower Control Arm Weld
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Safety Bulletin
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for Safety Recall A192261870 Lower Control Arm Weld
- Safety Bulletin
Click a tab for more information.