- July 16: GM Recalls 2016-2018 Chevrolet Malibus For Airbag Failures recalls | 0 days ago
- July 4: GMC Terrain and Chevrolet Equinox Oil Consumption Lawsuit news | 12 days ago
- June 21: Recall: 2013 Chevrolet Volt Has Voltage Problems recalls | 25 days ago
- June 20: 2019 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 Recalled Over Airbag Failures recalls | 26 days ago
- June 19: GM Recalls Vehicles With Fuel Pumps That Can Leak recalls | 27 days ago
Chevrolet Recall 01004: GM/Air Bag Inflator Module
2001 Chevrolet Venture
In the event of a crash that would trigger a passenger air bag deployment, a double load of generant can cause the inflator module to explode. If the air bag module explodes, metal and plastic debris could cause severe injury to vehicle occupant. A module with no generant would not inflate the air bag, and the occupants could receive more severe injuries.
Air Bags — Frontal
- Vehicle description: Passenger, sport utility vehicles and minivans. The passenger air bag inflator modules were built without the correct amount of generant, which produces the gas that fills the air bag. Some were built with a double load of generant and some were built without generant.
- Dealers will replace the passenger air bag module. Telephone calls were made to owners on January 29, 2001. Follow up owner mailing began on April 17, 2001. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Chevrolet at 1-800-222-1020, Pontiac at 1-800-762-2737, or Saturn at 1-800-553-6000.
- Documents (6)
Click a tab for more information.