- April 16: Chevrolet Equinox Oil Consumption Issues Debated In Court news | 8 days ago
- April 13: Chevy Bolt Propulsion Power Reduced Due to Battery Cells: GM news | 11 days ago
- April 7: 'Vehicle Services Department' of Plano, Texas, Sued by Minnesota news | 17 days ago
- March 26: Injured Cop Sues Dealership For Not Reporting Stolen SUV news | 29 days ago
- March 15: Chevy and GMC Air Conditioning Problems Target of Lawsuit news | 40 days ago
Chevrolet Recall 02061: GM/Passenger Air Bag Missing Check Valve Pin
2001 Chevrolet Venture
This could increase the severity of injury to a person who was not properly restrained and who was close to the passenger air bag at the time of deployment. It could also reduce the ab8ility of the air bag to protect a restrained front seat passenger.
Air Bags — Frontal
- On certain passenger, sport utility vehicles and mini vans, some of these vehicles have a passenger air bag that was manufactured without a check valve pin. An air bag without the check valve pin could produce increased pressure at the onset of the air bag deployment and reduced pressure afterward.
- Dealers will inspect and, if necessary, replace the passenger air bag. Owner notification began December 16, 2002. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Chevrolet at 1-800-222-1020, Pontiac at 1-800-762-2737, Oldsmobile at 1-800-442-6537, or Saturn at 1-800-553-6000, prompt #3.
- Documents (8)
Click a tab for more information.