- September 15: GM Recalls Vehicles 2nd Time For Loose Brake Pedals recalls | 7 days ago
- September 14: Chevy Equinox Ecotec Engine Lawsuit Filed Over Oil Consumption news | 8 days ago
- September 13: GM Recalls 1 Million Trucks and SUVs For Power Steering Problems recalls | 9 days ago
- September 12: GM Recalls 230,000 Vehicles For Brake Caliper Pistons recalls | 10 days ago
- September 8: GM Side Blind Zone Alert Lawsuit Argued in Court news | 14 days ago
Chevrolet Recall 02061: GM/Passenger Air Bag Missing Check Valve Pin
2001 Chevrolet Venture
This could increase the severity of injury to a person who was not properly restrained and who was close to the passenger air bag at the time of deployment. It could also reduce the ab8ility of the air bag to protect a restrained front seat passenger.
Air Bags — Frontal
- On certain passenger, sport utility vehicles and mini vans, some of these vehicles have a passenger air bag that was manufactured without a check valve pin. An air bag without the check valve pin could produce increased pressure at the onset of the air bag deployment and reduced pressure afterward.
- Dealers will inspect and, if necessary, replace the passenger air bag. Owner notification began December 16, 2002. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Chevrolet at 1-800-222-1020, Pontiac at 1-800-762-2737, Oldsmobile at 1-800-442-6537, or Saturn at 1-800-553-6000, prompt #3.
- Documents (8)
Click a tab for more information.