- December 13: GM Recalls Buick Encore, Chevy Spark, Traverse and Trax recalls | 3 days ago
- December 11: Research Shows GM's Forward Crash Warning Systems Work news | 5 days ago
- November 27: GM CP4 Lawsuit Alleges Fuel Pumps 'Explode' news | 19 days ago
- November 23: GM Hard Brake Pedals and Vacuum Pumps Investigated investigations | 23 days ago
- November 6: General Motors Windshield Wiper Recall Investigated investigations | 40 days ago
Chevrolet Recall 02061: GM/Passenger Air Bag Missing Check Valve Pin
2001 Chevrolet Venture
This could increase the severity of injury to a person who was not properly restrained and who was close to the passenger air bag at the time of deployment. It could also reduce the ab8ility of the air bag to protect a restrained front seat passenger.
Air Bags — Frontal
- On certain passenger, sport utility vehicles and mini vans, some of these vehicles have a passenger air bag that was manufactured without a check valve pin. An air bag without the check valve pin could produce increased pressure at the onset of the air bag deployment and reduced pressure afterward.
- Dealers will inspect and, if necessary, replace the passenger air bag. Owner notification began December 16, 2002. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Chevrolet at 1-800-222-1020, Pontiac at 1-800-762-2737, Oldsmobile at 1-800-442-6537, or Saturn at 1-800-553-6000, prompt #3.
- Documents (8)
Click a tab for more information.