ANNOUNCEMENT: The Car Book 2018 is now online!

2014 Chrysler 200 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Chrysler 200:

2014 Chrysler 200 Owner Comments

May 022018

200

Takata recall. The airbag light keeps coming on and off on the dash, sometimes when I go to break. I have had it tested to make sure what it is. I was told by stark's it is a sensor in my headrest that is part of the airbag system, if it is on and I have a wreck they will not deploy. Started in may and is still going on.

- Charleston, IL, USA

Aug 012017

200

I was alone in the car, driving on the freeway, when I heard a startling bang that came from the front passenger side. I saw that the headrest on the front passenger seat had deployed while I was driving. When I got home, I noticed several small pieces of black plastic on the front passenger seat cushion. Upon examining the headrest, it was obvious that the plastic which was supposed to hold a 2"-3" silver metal retaining rod had failed. That silver metal rod is still engaged in the electronic lock/release mechanism attached to the back of the head rest. The plastic pieces on the seat were from that rod retainer. I do not know if the heat of the Arizona summers are causing the headrest plastic components to weaken. I also don't know if this was an isolated incident, or the beginning of a trend. I shudder to think what would've happened if it was the drivers headrest that failed, hitting me in the back of the head while driving at 65 miles an hour on the freeway. Unexpectedly getting hit on the back of the head while driving could result in a serious accident! my Chrysler 200 had 38,110 miles when this occured; it is barely out of warranty. The defective headrest is still installed in the car. It appears the Chrysler part number is 68065766aa; manufactured by grammer (in gernamy) and their part number is 1192441. Removing the headrests turn on the airbag warning indicator. As I stated earlier, I fear that the driver headrest may also fail at any time and results in a serious accident. I contacted Chrysler requesting both of these headrests to be replaced under warranty and am awaiting a response.

- Gilbert, AZ, USA

Oct 112014

200

I drove an enterprise rental car, Chrysler 200 sedan. I drove it for about 2-4 hours on an interstate highway, good road. When I got out I had a shooting pain from the middle of my left buttocks down the outside of my left leg. I've never had this sort of thing happen before. I tried to figure out if it was something else, but the only variable was sitting in that car seat. I am a mid-fifties woman in good condition. 5'7" tall, 150 pounds. Pretty average. A car seat shouldn't do this to a person. The car was an enterprise rental car, but I rented the car from alamo rental in the quad cities Illinois airport. They had to borrow a sedan from enterprise. The vehicle identification number on my contract is FN579990. The rental ran from Oct. 11-Oct. 13. the contract says the vehicle had 1325 miles on it when I rented it, and 1864 when I returned it. I drove it about 4 hours each day of the rental. It was very painful and still is a day later.

- Washington, DC, USA