2014 Chrysler 200 electrical problems: engine shuts down while driving

Engine Shuts Down While Driving

2014 Chrysler 200

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Chrysler dealer.

CarComplaints.com Seal Of Pretty Good

8.7

2014 Chrysler 200 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Chrysler 200:

2014 Chrysler 200 Owner Comments

Jul 182019

200 Limited 3.6L

$1200 lighter wallet today due to a Chrysler failing. With 46,000 km /28,000 miles (basically one year of driving) on a 2014 Chrysler 200. After battery replacements and several stalls and no starts, the dealer said the alternator had to be replaced. NO WARRANTY said the dealer on a piece of crap part. I have had many NON CHRYSLER vehicles with 200K on them and never had alternator problems. Hey Chrysler...after 5 vehicles from you in 15 years, each one getting increasingly worse.....I'M DONE and will be very vocal with fiends and business associates regarding your questionable quality and reliability..

- Al R., Fredericton, NB, Canada

Aug 152016

200 V6

I bought my 2014 Chrysler 200 in 2015 with 23,000 miles. Thought I hit the jackpot. I was driving on I-75 when all of a sudden the check engine light comes on and all the lights on the dashboard goes off, radio goes off, transmission starts to shut down, and car starts to shut down. It was a lucky thing I was driving in the right/slow lane to put to the side of the highway. I shut the car down and waited a few minutes before trying to restart the engine. I drove straight to the dealership that told me I should have brought it back within the first 3 months (when there was no issues) so they were not liable. It happened again the following week, but this time the car would not start. I truly felt my life was in danger so I call the finance company to pick it up where it stopped and advised them that the car was a death trap. The bank towed it and still put it on the auction block knowing the life threatening issues with the vehicle. #SMH

- A F., Marietta, US

Aug 062015

200 Limited V6

I was cruising down I-71 to work when all of a sudden the check engine light comes on and then a short while later the ABS light comes on, radio goes off, transmission starts slipping (it's electronic too), and when you step on gas it is like engine is trying to down shift into super low gear. I almost got hit 3 times before I could get to side of highway. I shut it down and waited a few minutes and limped it on back streets to my office. I immediately got on Internet to research upon my arrival at my office and low and behold this is a known issue although it seems no resolution? Someone will die if this isn't remedied ASAP believe me!

Update from Aug 8, 2015: Roadside assistance towed the vehicle to the dealer who then sent a driver to pick me up at my office and gave me a loaner. It turned out to be the alternator went bad so the battery died. The scary part is that since all cars are so electronic now, when the battery goes so do all of the core systems!

- Tim M., Cleveland, US