CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 is the worst year for PT Cruiser engine complaints. Having an engine light on is annoying, but it's the complaints about the engine shutting-off while driving that really have us concerned.

2. replace main computer (1 reports)
2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser:

2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Owner Comments

May 092018

PT Cruiser Limited 2.4L

It's a real pain in the bum to get in your car over 200 miles from home and it won't shift out of 2nd gear. I pulled over, shut it down, hood up looking for what, I don't know. Ten mins. later I restart. Engine light is on but it shifts and I make it home. Sent the computer out to get checked/fixed. $375.00 later it still does the same thing, but now it just shuts down while driving. Take it to a garage and $170.00 later, the guy told me he's 99.9% sure it's the TIPM. He wanted $850.00. Nope. Now I can't find one for my year car. What is a fella to do? I am coming up on 73 years old and don't have the money for another car.

Drifter in Fl

- Drifter N., Port Orange, FL, US

Jul 132016

PT Cruiser

Check engine light on and when you drive the car sometimes the transmission won't shift, we replaced the Integrated power module for over $1,000 and after driving about 100 miles the engine light is back on and again the transmission won't shift. (sometimes it shifts and other times doesn't) Now we are told we need the main computer, the problem is that the part is not available anywhere in the USA.

My car has been sitting at the mechanics for over 5 weeks and we are on a waiting list for who knows how long. Chrysler built the car why don't they have replacement parts available. I have spoken to the dealership and they too have no idea when the part will be available. This really sucks my husband and I are sharing a car for work and many times one of us is waiting to be picked up. T

alk about being between a rock and a hard place, can't drive the car, can't sell the car, can't trade the car in for another car. Chrysler you are not doing your job, and makes me not want to buy a Chrysler car in the future

- gillfl, Sarasota, FL, US

Aug 152014

PT Cruiser Limited Turbo

TRANS LOCKS IN 2ND, GAUGES GO CRAZY, DONE. THAT'S IT FOR NOW.

- John B., Toms River, NJ, US