- November 21: 2017 Chrysler Pacifica Engines Shut Off: Federal Petition news | 1 days ago
- November 9: Jeep Wrangler Heater Core Replacement Lawsuit Challenged news | 13 days ago
- October 24: Mitsubishi Settles Lawsuit Over Auto Parts Price-Fixing Claims news | 29 days ago
- October 13: Chrysler Recalls 470,000 Cars and SUVs to Fix Head Restraint Issues recalls | 40 days ago
- October 12: Ram ProMaster City Vans Recalled to Replace Tire Placards recalls | 41 days ago
2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 is the worst year for PT Cruiser engine complaints. Having an engine light on is annoying, but it's the complaints about the engine shutting-off while driving that really have us concerned.
Worst 2006 PT Cruiser Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems47NHTSA complaints: 82
- electrical problems23NHTSA complaints: 110
- AC / heater problems21NHTSA complaints: 2
- windows / windshield problems16NHTSA complaints: 36
- interior accessories problems13NHTSA complaints: 25
- transmission problems12NHTSA complaints: 5
- suspension problems9NHTSA complaints: 10
- wheels / hubs problems9NHTSA complaints: 11
- lights problems8NHTSA complaints: 18
- cooling system problems5NHTSA complaints: 6
- seat belts / air bags problems3NHTSA complaints: 36
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 28
- clutch problems1
- steering problems1NHTSA complaints: 14
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 15
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 14
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 12
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 9
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 7
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chrysler PT Cruiser Model Years
Curious how the 2006 PT Cruiser compares to other years?
Check out our Chrysler PT Cruiser overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the PT Cruiser.