- November 9: Jeep Wrangler Heater Core Replacement Lawsuit Challenged news | 11 days ago
- October 24: Mitsubishi Settles Lawsuit Over Auto Parts Price-Fixing Claims news | 27 days ago
- October 13: Chrysler Recalls 470,000 Cars and SUVs to Fix Head Restraint Issues recalls | 38 days ago
- October 12: Ram ProMaster City Vans Recalled to Replace Tire Placards recalls | 39 days ago
- October 11: Ohio Woman Dies in Fiery Jeep Liberty Rear-End Crash news | 40 days ago
NHTSA — Structure: Frame And Members: Underbody Shields Problems
2004 Chrysler Pacifica (Page 1 of 3)
CarComplaints.com Notes: Engine cradle rot is a serious problem in the 2004-05 Chrysler Pacifica. Chrysler admits they didn't apply enough coating to the vehicle's sub-frame during assembly, but only offered to cover a very small portion of the vehicles they messed up.
So what happens when your engine cradle rots? Well, the engine could fall out for starters. It could also cause problems with the suspension and other components but did I mention THE ENGINE CAN FALL OUT? The worst part is you might not know because there's no way to see the problem without getting under the car.
If you have a 2004-05 Pacifica, make sure to have your mechanic inspect your sub-frame for rust and corrosion.
1.7hardly worth mentioning
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 100,234 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.
body / paint problem